Found WECP Swift Sweeper & Cleaner in Driver Cleaner Folder WTH?

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by stucky, Jul 12, 2007.

1. stucky

stucky New Member

I just downloaded JV16 Powertool and started looking around in the software section.
    I found two programs from WECP.One called Swifter Sweeper and the other called Cleaner???

I tried to uninstall those programs but it said they were in the Driver Cleaner folder.
    I haven't placed anything in that folder and I'm the only one who uses this computer.Do those programs come bundled with DriverCleaner, or is that a vital part of the program???

I'll keep them if they are a vital part of DriverCleaner, but if they aren't, I want them gone.

2. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

I have no idea what those programs are and they should not be in that folder. Are you sure it is not DriveCleaner?

What filenames did it detect with that?

Driver Cleaner from this site is free of spyware and adware.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  3. Spike

I tried that JV16 Powertool and also did a look in the Software manager and i did not find those programs on my systems. I am sure that it is some sort of spyware that came on your pc from some other program or through the internet. It is possible that it is from DriveCleaner, because i heard from more people that DriveCleaner contains spyware.

4. stucky

stucky New Member

I've heard that some spywear stuff copies itself to other folders.Maybe that's what happened?

I'm no expert though :duh:

JV16 Powertool also found Netscape Navigator in the same folder as Adobe.
    It also found several programs that weren't listed in the windows add/remove programs section :annoyed:

5. stucky

stucky New Member

Well I deleted the stuff using the Powertool removal tool from safe mode before you replied.
    The DriverCleaner programs are still there and seem to open alright.The update program seems to function.I didn't try the driver cleaner as I don't want to install my drivers again.

6. Spike

Yes it is possible that spyware copies itself to some random folders. Glad you removed it.

i am sure that if the other Driver Cleaner programs work that Driver Cleaner self also works.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  7. nikki050572

nikki050572 New Member

WECP Swift Sweeper registry key

DELETE IT. it's been confirmed that the new virsion carries a trojan-- I checked it out with microsoft and it's also listed on Wiki...hope this helps!

8. Spike

Yep nikki they know that. That Swift Sweeper is maybe some sort of spyware that comes in other folders.