France Roits What is going on?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by The_Neon_Cowboy, Nov 6, 2005.

1. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

2. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Yeah, thats what you get when young, Muslims mostly, don't have anything to do ...
    And the worst part of it is that there is some kind central core that organises attacks .... What I think is that French should use their intelligence to disturb their communications and military to help police to restore law and order.... But thats the way I feel about it...

3. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Ya all this is happening like a few hundred miles away. They can just use their GIGN to sorta get down and break communications.

4. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Kinda sad their own country is tearing itself apart. Maybe they will realize they are not as smart or better than everyone else as they think they are. France has been overdue for a good riot.

Edit: maybe they call it Rioting because they don't want to admit its terrorists. See what happens when you don't act and just talk :D

I'm just waiting for them to say, ooo Americans come help us hahahahaha

5. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

I'm sort of surprised that it got this far... gotta go do some more reading before I form some solid opinions though.

6. Sturmbahn

Sturmbahn New Member

This is a different kind of rioting than what typically happens here in America.

Here, no one (so far as I've read) has been killed yet. Just property has been targeted (yes, I know a woman on crutches was doused with gas and lit on fire, but she survived thanks to the quickthinking driver of the bus she tried to leave). There seems to be some strong intelligence behind all of this.

In America our 'race' riots are mobs of assholes running around looting, destroying and raping anything within easy reach. Just a short while ago, a neo-nazi group (just a handful of people) planned a public march down a predominantly black neighborhood. Thanks to the liberal victory of 'free speech' over common sense, the local gangs heard the news and decided their neighborhood was due for some rioting. Or should I say, their houses were due for some new furnishings. Idiots (both sides), the neo-nazis never actually marched - why bother, chaos ruled aplenty without it.

So, to me, this seems like much more of a truly serious problem then just some assholes who should be put down. Have any of you seen the unemployment rates there, where discrimination is 'illegal.' 9% for white Frenchies and 20% for the 'others' on average. And if you're a non-white male Frenchman under 35 years old the rate is closer to 35%. That's very bad.

7. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Well now they have used shotgun against the police... and put two churches to fire...
    Whats next???

8. kp59583

kp59583 New Member

This is just a prelude to whats going to happen in the near future. Eventually there will be civil war.

9. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Oh, so this means France can come down off it's high horse now. Sad it takes something like this for them to admit they aren't perfect.

10. Sturmbahn

Sturmbahn New Member

I haven't heard any admissions of imperfection, nor likely will anyone else. Not from the elected fingerpointers anyway.

Looks like I was wrong about the lack of violence against people (although only one 61 year old man for the size of this insurrection still isn't bad). A map of confirmed strikes across France is on this page - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...ml&sSheet=/portal/2005/11/08/ixportaltop.html (sorry, I don't know html). The police, on the other hand, are seen as the arm of the government and are therefore fair game.

So are they justified in their attacks? How else could these problems be solved? Patience and peace were used for about a decade since the last riots and France happily ignored them. Now that they have France's attention, how should the rioters use it to gain what they want? And what steps should France take to secure a peaceful, prosperous future?

11. Sandok

Sandok New Member

You guys don't even know the bloody french. Talk to them and they never think they live in a great country. Most americans act higher and snobier than the french nowadays. The problems are rioting because the country has high racial conflict.

And that the french unemployement rate is way lower than the racial unemployement rate. France is not what you guys think: snobs eating chease.

The country and people don't think they are the king of the worlds. They don't attack countries for oil... Or for WMD. Before you flame them, research a bit and stop watchin cartoons with sterotypes. PLease.

12. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

well I think we all know where is thread is going...

To say this is any different than the LA Riots in 1992, or any other riot is pretty silly. A riot is a riot, violence, damage, and destruction are a staple. These riots, just like the LA riots (and most riots), came about because a group of people felt like they were getting the shaft (and probably are/were, but thats a different story). Certainly not that I defend what they were doing, but if I was in their shoes (same as the 1992 riots) I would be pretty fuckin mad too. This doesn't go to say that I don't support the Fench government in their stance on the matter. These are problems every country has.

There is also a human nature element to this, and that is the mantality of the mob. It doesn't take too much work to get a large group of people (especially kids) to get pissed about something and try and do something about it, usually with violence.

13. violat3

violat3 New Member

riots by muslims (mainly pakistani ) are common place in England it doesn't seem to happen up here in Scotland, probably because we would beat the *rap out of the loons

solution: send them back to their country of origin (pakistan) via a lancaster bomber and open the bomb doors :p

ok eh admit i huvnae clue how to deal with it aprt fae water cannons :D

14. Ubergrendle

Ubergrendle Semper ubi sub ubi

recipe: French Riot

ingredients:
    - one large pool of visible ethnic minorities
    - lack of integration into mainstream society in terms of language, world outlook, religion
    - disparity in economic conidtion of said communities with society at large
    - fiercely nationalistic majority mixed with fiercely religious minority

instructions:
    - allow tensions to simmer for a decade
    - recipe finishes itself!

For what its worth, this isn't terrorism, this is a civil unrest. Given France's secularism and fierce national pride, I think this contributes to this situaiton in a way that allowed this rioting to get worse than similar events in England, Germany, or Italy in recent years.

IMHO there should be no tolerance for this behaviour by ANY group in soceity -- its a form of intimindation and undermines democracy. I think Chirac let this problem persist far too long, martial law should have been declared sooner and a curfew might not be enough.

15. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

What I've heard the French immigration policy is basically trying to make immigrants to become French. That proses basically humiliates them and so on... And the riots is the result of poor immigration policy.

16. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Well the whole REAL problem started when two young arab boys were allegedgly killed by the police (they were being chased, ran into a high voltage area and got friend) and after that... Well all the other factors make it hell.

17. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

I don't kow if either of those are true. I think it is a lot of diferent things. I think the poor muslim population started to realize they were being screwed over because they were not white French. I can't help feeling bad for one of the countries I despise the most. As I know they need outside help but they wont ask for it, nor will they call this terrorism. It probably is not, but in order to get US support they may have to. That itself will cause a lot of problems. I think France dug too deep and now they can't pull themselves out. See what happens when you mistreat your people.

18. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

They don't need US support (in the form of manpower at least), they just need to properly deal with the situation.

Agreed, every day that I read the news, I'm surprised that they haven't fixed the rioting yet, or at least done more to try and control it.

19. Rasta Monsta

Rasta Monsta Just an Average Joe...

Civil War. . .

. . .the only scenario under which French military success is guaranteed!

:rofl:

rasta

20. Sandok

Sandok New Member

The military hasn't been called in...