Free Scan to PDF program

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by drivehard454, Dec 9, 2008.

1. drivehard454

drivehard454 New Member

I am looking for a program that will scan from a printed paper and convert to a PDF or Word format.

I lost my resume that I had on my computer. I have a printed copy of it and need to update it. I would like to be able to scan the existing documents and go from there. I search online and can only find one that you need to purchase. I only need to do this once, and will probably never have to use it again.

Anybody know a free program?

Thanks

2. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Your best bet would be CutePDF Professional. Even though you have to pay for it, that's only to keep it. It has a trial version. The thing with it is that every time you scan something, or create a PDF from something it puts that information in the footer. This is easily removable though simply because once you have the PDF file created you can always copy/paste the info from it into a Word file, minus that information.

3. 3.65 Kilos

3.65 Kilos New Member

This looks pretty good...
    Freeware: Scan2pdf

4. drivehard454

drivehard454 New Member

Thanks kilos. I downloaded scan2pdf. It still only saves as a picture. I will try the trial version of CutePDF next.