From the maker of RefreshLock comes....RefreshForce!

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Jeff, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Jeff

Jeff Yarr... I be blind!

RefreshForce UNIVERSALLY and PERMANENTLY fixes the Windows 2000/XP refresh rate problem on ANY variation of graphics cards, monitors, or drivers!!!

UNIVERSALLY and PERMANENTLY fixes the Windows 2000/XP refresh rate problem!!!

- One-time execute and you're done. No background program running!
    - Functions perfectly with the Plug & Play monitor drivers (so NO need for manufacturer drivers!)
    - Works with ANY combination of game and graphics card, whether the card is nVidia, ATI, Matrox or any other, and whichever driver it is using!
    - Program does not require installation of any kind, so no messy setup programs
    - Support for systems with multiple display adapters
    - Automatic backup facility for added safety
    - Sophisticated and UNIQUE display optimization technology
    - Ability to actually lower refresh rates as well as increase them, if software causes display corruption.

Check it out <a target="_blank" href="http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf">here</a>

2. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

whoa..........now if only my monitor supported over 60Hz at 1024x768 would I care lol.........hehe will come in handy if the ms refresh rate fix dont work......i cant tell due to the aforementioned old monitor problem ;)

3. tazdevl

tazdevl New Member

Speaking of which... Has anyone that has the latest release of SP1 noticed whether or not MS has the RR fix included that everyone has been talking about?

4. David

David Banned

Re:

Dang man that has to suck, If ya lived in or around atlanta id hook ya up with one of my spares

5. Crash Override

Crash Override Banned

Re:

I do take shipped donations :p

6. Alan Allen

Alan Allen The "Eye"

Cyborg, How would one use this RefreshForce along with the RefreshLock in your plutonium Drivers?

7. Jeff

Jeff Yarr... I be blind!

Not quite sure, yet, as I haven't tried this utility yet.

8. tazdevl

tazdevl New Member

I think refreshforce is a replacement to refreshlock. You don't use both @ the same time.

9. AshG

AshG Gadget Life Owner

It works very nicely, and has informed me of some refresh options I didn't know I had with my monitor (85hz @ 1920x1200). Two thumbs up, indeed.

10. DallasStar

DallasStar Junior

This utility is perfect. There is no more need for refresh lock or refresh rate fixer. Just run this utility and its done forever with no more crap :) .

11. FatalDog187

FatalDog187 Messenger Friend

Has anyone tested this with a combination of a Monitor at 85hz along with a TV(4 DivX) at 60hz (ntsc)? I only get 60hz refresh rates when the TV is set up as a clone, but when I disable that, I get 85hz/fps full screen, as tested with nvrefresh tool's direct 3d tester. So as long as you have the TV set up as a clone you will only get 60 or 50 hz depending on your region, so I don't think you can successfully get them working at their own refresh rates.

If you used the refresh fix on your monitor, then tried to set up your tv as a clone, it wouldn't work. The only thing it would do is corrupt your drivers.

So from that, I have concluded that SP1 has indeed fixed the problem. I would appreciate it if others could confirm it. :)

12. akuma-x

akuma-x New Member

Ok, I have a question.
    Right now I'm using the radeon refreshfix, but w/ this one every time I install new drivers I have to re-run it for it to work.
    W/ this new one would I need to re-run it every time I install new drivers like the one I use now? :confused:

13. orrimarrko

orrimarrko Excessive Tweaker

This program is definately very nice.....solved every problem I had with stupid refeshrates. And aswell, also notified me of refreshrates I knew my monitor could support, but was never given the option to select.

Kudos to the creator

14. DallasStar

DallasStar Junior

Re:

you'll never have to run it again. ever.

15. akuma-x

akuma-x New Member

Re:

Killer! Thats what I wanted to hear.
    Thanks.

16. shuki

shuki New Member

I know it fixes the RR but how? without a loooong drawn out technical response, just the short and skinny :D just reg settings? but they're permanent? and don't have to run in background or reapply after new driver install? how it work? Cyborg?

17. tazdevl

tazdevl New Member

Send an email to Greg the programmer and ask him. He's pretty responsive with email.

18. Alan Allen

Alan Allen The "Eye"

Well, it didn't work for me with my Mobility Radeon M6.

I uninstalled Plutoneum's refreslock and installed this refreshforce.

My RTCW would not run in 640x480 it defaulted to 1024x768 and when I tried to change it in the RTCW settings it locked up the computer.

I ended up having to run refreshforce again to reset the defaults and then reload Plutoneum's drivers and use refreshlock again. RTCW works fine again. :rolleyes:

19. rickp001

rickp001 New Member

I'm running sp1 beta version1068 for XP and so far as I can tell, my desktop refresh rate works in games as well without running any of these refreshlock programs. Has anyone else noticed this since using the service pack beta for XP?

Also, thanks to everyone on this site for the info they provide. I've never posted before but felt that I should give something back, even if it's just a simple reply to a post. I'm just fascinated at all the knowledge that I can get from reading all the posts in these forums.

Rick

20. Louie6666

Louie6666 Just One Sick-Lizard

Nope just uninstalled my refresh rate fix, & ran 3d mark, results show default 60Hz, but at least the seem to have corrected resolutions so they actually fit the screen properly! Would somebody thats on a clean install with sp1 care to test prior to applying the refresh fix, as I do not know whether uninstalling my fix may have mucked it up if it is working? If that all makes sense :)