Fruity Loops Maximize and Minimize problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by si_is_si, Sep 17, 2004.

1. si_is_si

si_is_si New Member

Hey, hope you can help me with this. For some reason the sound in fruity loop judders every time a window is either maximized or minimized. basically the asio appears to be very inefficient if ANYthing else is doing the slightest thing. it is only improved once the latency is increased up to over 100 which isnt too good! in all other programs its fine though. this may be a fruity loops problem rather than a kX one but it hasnt happened in the past and I have only just recently installed (by a clean install) Windows XP.

just wondering if any of you have any thoughts on how to sort this matter? I am using the latest kX drivers with an original Soundblaster Live! card.

Thanks,
    Si

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

Is it possible to set buufer levels in fruity loops?..I wish I could be of more help but I am not really that familiar with that program..

3. phankiejankie

phankiejankie New Member

One good solution to that is to deactivate the window animation. You know the one that takes the window and moves it to the task bar. By removing the animation it will give you no more clicks and buffer stucks. Better still de-enable all cosmetic goodies. It will boost responsiveness. Another thing might help is to set Windows to give priority to background proccesses rather programs (this last one is an XP only).

If you do not know how to do these things drop a line ;)