Funny Childhood Stories

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Drakon, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Drakon

Drakon New Member

Well I'm quite sure we ALL have some great, funny stories that happened back when were little ones. So I figured, why not post them and share some of the humor; after all a bit of humor never hurt anyone. Besides, it's a good thing when you can laugh at yourself and any embarressing moments you've had :lol:

Anyways, I remember one that happened on a weekend while I was attending primary school in Trinidad, which is the equivalent to middle school in the States (I think). Well, during that week we had just learnt what plants/seeds need to grow: sunlight, water, soil. So on that Sat, my grandmom had given me an orange to eat, and while I was eating it I swallowed some seeds. I thought nothing of it and went back to watching cartoons. But then this nagging thought came to mind: "What if the seeds grew inside my stomach?"
    So I decided to test this out. Got myself 2 glasses of water and headed outside. I figured I wasn't going to eat any soil, 'cuz it's just nasty, so the seeds will have to do without it. Then I stood in the sun with my head tilted back and my mouth opened, so the sunlight could get into my stomach. After about 10 mins or so, I decided to go back inside, because the sun the was too hot and if the seeds decided to grow, well so be it... LOL :lol: :rofl: :lol:

2. riles9262

riles9262 Driverheaven brewmaster

sure, i got one

i remember i had a buddy who used to play sports with us...

He was this avid motorbiker and loved to race, and well, he used to think that if he made engine noises with his mouth, he could move much faster than the average human. It was rediculous seeing this kid running around like a chicken with his head cut off, making motorbike noises. It would make all of us laugh, although he was very serious about it. He'd threaten physical harm on you if you made a crack at him about it :lol:

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Oh, gosh! My childhood was so long ago..... :)

Well, here's one:

When I was about 10 years old our family went for vacation to my step-dad's home place in Kentucky. I had made acquaintence with a step-cousin about my age and, together, we decided to host a 'weiner roast' for all the others.

We pooled our money and bought hot dogs, buns, potato chips and the toppins to go on everything and then selected a site to build the fire. We gathered several good size rocks from the surrounding area to build a ring around the fire and then started it up.

We actually had a really good time roasting those hot dogs. There were maybe a dozen or so of us kids there sharing in a good time.

Once we were finished it came time to put out the fire and the older boys, a few teenagers, began kicking the rocks away from the fire.

At that point, I said, "Why are you doing it that way? Why don't you just pick them up and throw them like this?" At that point, I grabbed a rock with my hand and VERY QUICKLY found out just exactly WHY they were doing it THAT WAY.

For the rest of our vacation and a couple of weeks after I had to be treated for blisters on the tips of ALL the fingers and thumb on my left hand. :(

I have NEVER picked up another hot rock to this day. ;)

4. Drakon

Drakon New Member

Good one, dyre :p

5. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

when i was about 10 the lone ranger was quite popular here in the UK , so one day we were playing and i was "random bad guy" trying to get away from the ranger

now our guns were just sticks our buildings wre just trees and our horses were just low walls

so being as i was on the run i figured i would do what i saw them do on the lone ranger show i would jump and land on the horse ready to ride instead of climbing on

so i got on to a slightly higher wall ..... i jumped i landed and i cried ... a lot :(

i didnt realise how much pain that would involve

my nacksack actually swelled over the next 3 hours and eventually i was taken to hospital for a 3 day stay while the swelling subsided :)

my most painful and embarrasing memory there :)

6. g35x

g35x Hellhound Pilot

hmmm this is an embarrasing story for my sister but hey ill tell u guys anyway:rofl:(oh and this is kinda gross) my aunt was takeing me and my sister out for ice cream and she was haveing errrr.... problems and my mom had given her some ex-lax earlier that morning....anyway we get there and there are tables to sit at and stuff.....so my aunt asks me what i want and goes and gets it....when she comes back because she forgot to ask what my sister wanted she looks at my sister and goes awwww you got chocolate ice cream all over your sel-we didnt order yet:wtf:

and @drakon-i need to stop reading funny stuff in computer class i was crackin up:rofl:

7. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

heh, i got loads...which to share.....

OK, at kindergarten graduation, I was in charge of leading everyone in the pledge of allegiance [I was the only one of the 15 kids who could remember all the words, in addition to or 4 lines we each had elsewhere in the program]. So anyways, we practiced and practiced, and then it came time to do it for real, and everyone's parents shwed up with their cameras and video cameras [big clunky VHS jobs :rofl:], and we all put on our little graduation caps and walk in. I get up to lead the pledge, and drop my hat at "to the flag", so I reached down to pick it up, and being right handed, did so with my right hand. I was smart enough to know not to put it on during the pledge, but apparently not smart enough to know that you always held your RIGHT hand over your heart, so I lead the graduation pledging with my left hand :lol:

8. LHC

LHC Stingy and Stubborn

When i was little, i was known to mistake people for my mom, because I never really looked up. I would go off somewhere, and look for someone that looked like my mom, and i always like, rested on them. I just remember weird looks that they gave me :bleh:

9. g35x

g35x Hellhound Pilot

LOL....the pledge sucks.....this is a "free" country but yet if i dont stand up and say the pledge (otherwise id have no problem but im in 1st period computer art surfing around DH:D ) i get detention lol

10. Drakon

Drakon New Member

That story definitely tops mine, Cairo. Thanks for sharing :rofl:

11. Drakon

Drakon New Member

Let's keep this civil and on-topic, g35x ;)

12. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

i got nothing really...

worst ive got was when i was 5-7 i was rideing my toy tractor around the house. anyways, my dads downstairs and i wanted to go see him, but i didnt want to walk downstairs either. well just ride the tractor down 15 steps that are uncarpeted and unpadded.

after the 2nd step i learned that was a bad idea. i ended up rolling/bounceing my way down the steps only to land at the bottom and have my tractor fall ontop of me.

we found out that day that head wounds bleed, ALOT. was only the first of many more head wounds to come. thank god ive got one thick skull...

13. riles9262

riles9262 Driverheaven brewmaster

That story was awesome cairo :rofl: I remember a few episodes such as that too, usually involving fences of some kind. Chain link fences hurt a lot when you get your croch caught on the top of them :D

14. g35x

g35x Hellhound Pilot

sorry :dead:

15. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

i got heaps, i was an , um, active child.. :bleh:

when i was about 6 - 8 yo (don't remember exact) we went on holiday.
    and being as we were on holiday, we went and did fun stuff like riding quad bikes!
    so I'm riding around this track set out in old tires, concerned parents looking on, and I took a corner just way too fast, ride into a pile of tires and go catrwheeling through the air. Hit the dirt face first and flipped over so I ended up face up, which is about when my own quad bike ran straight over my face.
    queue a dozen people sprinting across the track convinced I was half dead.
    so what did i do?
    I shoved the guy in charge away from me and jumped back on the quad.
    all I could think of was that we'd paid for a half hour, and I was wasting precious time :lol:

16. Drakon

Drakon New Member

LOL richy :lol:

17. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I remember when I was 5 or 6 my mother was undergoing cancer surgery and we had to travel from Miss. to Texas on a long journey. My father and my mother told my brother and I that she had to go to the doctor so she wouldnt have to have babies anymore. Of course my brother and I were perplexed and kept coloring the whole way to the military base where the she had to stay. My brother and I had to stay in the car alot and since it was the 60's it was okay. My father and mother disappeared into the hospital and we sat with the windows down for hours, the sun rose and then began to set before we both wanted to get out and walk around. While we were napping my father had returned and left some tamales and canned sodas for us. I was not satisfied and walked the short distance to the entrance of the hospital to find my mother and father, as I was very dissatisfied with the current arrangments.
    A few minutes inside the door I was confronted with rows and rows of men and women sitting waiting for the pharmacy to fill their prescriptions. Wheelchaired patients sat in the sun by a glassed in area. I walked towards the odor of cigarettes and the smell of cooking hamburgers, I had found the snackbar. I was greeted by several young men with amputated limbs and bandaged and they asked me to hand them things from the tables they sat next to, and to light their smokes.
    I was fascinated, I listened to them talk and I could tell they were drunk or on drugs. One gentleman asked me to push him to the restrooms and I obliged him. Carefully I weaved through the crowd till we were almost near the door of the restroom. I heard my father calling me in an angry loud voice to "come here". I turned towards him and released the wheelchair and the patient...
    It began to roll away, I turned back attempting to grab the handles while the hapless patient attempted to stop the wheels without success...My father grabbed me and I lost my grip on the handles and I watched the wheelchair bound young man disappear down a long gentley sloped ramp and through a crowd of men on crutches and wearing robes....
    I tried to tell my father what I was doing but my ears were boxed and I heard nothing for a bit except the crash of someone in a wheelchair hitting the metal dumpster outside, the next sound was the roar of the crowd of patients waiting by the dock, and laughter then broke out...I was dragged by my arm all the way to the car...I said nothing and my father, tight jawed and silent drove us to the hotel where we were locked in and told not to answer the door till he returned..I was petrafied and never spoke of it again, although my brother got a good laugh. I wonder what happened to that fellow at the hosptial cafeteria...

18. Drakon

Drakon New Member

Unfortunate, but yet funny. Thanks Jeff :lol:

19. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

I'm struggling to think of any that don't end up with me severely injuring myself :confused:

I like that jeff, brought a rather wonderfull mental image to mind :lol:

20. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

thats the same problem im haveing. almost broke my coller bone while snowboarding at a gravel pit. almost blew several limbs off playing with fireworks. set a field on fire and the paramedics wanted to take me to the hospital. hit a stump and fliped a snowmobile. had flameing plastic drip onto my hand.

the list just goes on and on....

on the upside, ive never broke a bone, except for a couple of toes and possibly a finger. never bothered to go to the hospital to figure it out, i knew there was nothing they could do even if i did break them.

also never had stitches, even though i probably should have on several occasions.

i was one of those kids that found out if something was hot by touching it. if it was sharp or jagged i found a way to cut my self with it. basicly, if it didnt look like it could kill me instantly it was probably a safe play toy.

if i was growing up now and did this stuff id probably end up haveing school calling child services on my parents for neglecting their kid or some such crap.