Game mode

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by nicoliani, Jun 28, 2012.

1. nicoliani

nicoliani New Member

Will I gain something switching over to Game mode for the "Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series" for new games on Windows 7?

I mean does the Game mode kick in anything else than EAX?

2. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

It's pretty much useless now as no games use EAX or hardware acceleration. I still use it sometimes to store a profile of settings for gaming rather than changing everything all the time. In my game mode I have headphones set with 3D CMSS, sound-leveling and an EQ profile.

Gaming audio has taken a step back since the introduction of Windows Vista. BF2142 still has the best sound scape I've experienced in a game!

3. nicoliani

nicoliani New Member

Yea I noticed the step back. Do you use the X-FI Crystalizer for games?
    How do you experience sound leveling on?

I noticed the CMSS-3D settings are different between Entertainment and Game mode.

4. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

I don't use Crystalizer for games although I do like the effect on lower quality MP3s. When I said 'sound leveling' I was talking about 'SVM' on the mixer tab. This is useful in FPS games to help with sound locating targets.

As for CMSS I have never really got to the bottom of the different modes and how they alter between 'game' and 'entertainment' but I use headphones in games. If you set to headphones and enable CMSS 3D you get virtual surround sound and it really makes a difference for knowing whats going on around you.