GameShadow -- Downloads Corrupt

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Dyre Straits, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I've just downloaded, installed, and updated my GameShadow app.

Since doing so, I've attempted to download two demos. Both of the initial downloads were corrupted and had to be re-downloaded.

Well, the first one came through fine on the second attempt. It also installed just fine. (Not worth it, really. BMW Challenge. Don't really like it.)

Since the second demo also came through corrupted -- there was a warning that came during the auto installation -- so, I attempted to re-download this one as well.

BUT, since the total downloads for my 'month' exceeded 1 GB, I either have to subscribe to the Premium Service or wait until after the 1st of the next month to attempt another download.

I now remember why I uninstalled GameShadow to begin with.

Anyone else having this problem with initial downloads being corrupted?

2. Ballistix999

Ballistix999 New Member

Hi Dyre,

My first reaction is to say "it has to be something local", we've got 800K plus users using the GameShadow service. However, there is clearly something going wrong for you. Why don't you drop me a line/PM me in here please with the demos that were corrupt and we'll double check for you? If you are right I'll upgrade your account for free to a full and send you a subscriber game of your choice.

Don't think I can say fairer than that?

Regards,

Tony Treadwell
    Founder and COO, GameShadow.

3. Dyre Straits

Thanks, Tony!

PM sent.

4. Dyre Straits

UPDATE:

It appears that the original issues reported were due to a faulty RAM module. Since getting the RAM working properly, the download issues have been resolved.

One little caveat that may confuse some users: If you have done any Pre-downloads from STEAM, you may get a warning if there is a patch available for that game. Trying to install the patch will result in an error saying that the folder/directory cannot be found and to please install the game first. So, if you get this type of warning, check your "My Games" list in Steam.

Otherwise, GameShadow is working great now.

Thanks, Tony, for the personal help with this!