Gaming Today: GTX 260 V Radeon 4870

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Nov 21, 2008.

1. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

I don't know where this myth started but the 260GTX is faster than the 4870. What's funny is that people will admit the 216 core version is faster yet it has nearly identical performance as the 192 core in all games...HardOCP did an article on it a while back.

Regardless, as the DH review showed the 4870 and 260gtx are neck and neck in most cases and the price is almost the same so realistically it comes down to whether you want to go with SLI or Crossfire and if you value PhysX over HDMI audio.

2. TT2

TT2 New Member

With utmost respect bro,

All these articles are from the renowned reviewers and its not a myth, the one from AnandTech I mentioned in my previous post and the one goes here

Crysis - Tom's Hardware : Radeon HD 4870: Better Than GTX 260!

You are right that Radeon 4870 and GTX260 are quiet close in performance but you still get a benefit of GDDR5 as well as the great performance of Crossfire which scales quiet well when compared to SLI. Not to mention that Crossfire is also supported by a wide variety of MB manufacturers.

Nvidia reduced the prices of GTX260 to catch up with 300$ price range of ATI's almost same performer otherwise the GTX260 was priced at 400$ (in the beginning).

Anyway, you are also right that its a matter of choice and liking than anything else :)

So happy gaming bro....

3. brutusmaximus

brutusmaximus New Member

Well to be fair, Omega is pretty much hitting the nail on the head. I wouldnt take anything tomshardware say to heart (renowned reviewers? ermmm Tomshardware are pretty much known as a joke). Anandtech maybe, but I prefer the accuracy of the DH reviews. Hardocp aren't bad either if Kyle can get his head out of his arse.

With regards to the results. I have both 4870 and 260 GTX here and most of the time the 260 is faster, I still firmly believe the forceware drivers are vastly superior to the shoddy AMD drivers. GDDR5 is great for sure, but if the end result (what you are playing) is much the same as the Nvidia part who cares? lets be honest. As for Crossfire? dear lord, id say one in 10 games works right with it. waste of time, utterly.

4. TT2

TT2 New Member

Driver is a big factor in hardware performance (that's for sure) but AMD recently improved their catalyst drivers. My friend has GTX260 and I know its fast in many places but 4870 is not slower either specially when it comes to high resolutions, AA and AF.

Practically I also don't like Crossfire as well as SLI because games work way better on single cards rather than in Crossfire or SLI the reason again is the unavailablity of a proper driver. The scaling of Crossfire and SLI is very much dependant on driver and whether that driver works good with a particular game.

Tom's Hardware.... a joke, hmm I am reading their articles from quiet some time and I don't see any thing which make them jokers. AnandTech is also a decent site. I also visit guru3d and they also say the same thing which I have mentioned in my previous posts that AMD ATI is a winner from price point of view but the decrease in prices from Nvidia is a good counter measure. Can't say anything about DH because I just recently joined it but I have to admit their article on GTX260 Core 216 vs ATI Radeon 4870 impressed me.

Here I am not debating on whether ATI is a winner or Nvidia is a winner, I am just trying to say that Nvidia should price their products carefully because ATI is providing almost same and some times better performance at a very competitive price.

Plus GTX260 Core 216 is a desperate move in proving that they (Nvidia) are still the market leaders, the card was not needed at all but they still released it to gain the upper hand. A proper name for this card should be GTX270 because its not a new card, its just a tweaked card which is closer to GTX280 in performance.

5. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

While this sounds like im being diplomatic both cards are really at the end of the day fantastic. you can't go wrong with either.

6. imagination

imagination HH HH HH :)

U are really diplomatic, but anyway those cards are a bit expensive in my opinion for a "everyday job".
    Yes, you`re right both cards are very good, and you can`t miss a detail with both them, but if the prices were a little more down i can say that it really worth an upgrade from 8xxx and 3xxx series.

7. SiliconDoc

SiliconDoc Banned

Thank you so much. I was beginning to wonder if everyone was a lying red freak.
    I have been wondering about the myth as well, and it might have something to do with the driver releases - or the hatred of the little cheapsters handing dollars over to NVidia for prior upgrades, or the GDDR5 craze, or perhaps they have been long time AMD freakers.
    Anyway, the gigantic BIAS is anything but gone.... the red freaks tell every lie and spin in the books, they ought to all sign up for master politicians yesterday. Consider this:
    1. Nvidia has PhysX - ati does not
    2. NVidia runs Havok just fine however.
    3. NVidia is said to have panicked with the 216 core, but ati has a 512 4780, and the 1024 isn't "panicking".
    4. Power consumption of the 260 is one to three watts more in 3d than 4870 - so the reds scream they've won that, too. Problem for the reds is the 260 is 30 watts less in idle than the 4870.
    (It was funny watching red reviewers declare the 4870 the power saving winner in their charts, then comment they just can't understand the 260 at idle...so low... it just had to be wrong... LOL )
    5. The 260 overlcocks WAY BETTER THAN THE 4870. Strangely, overlcock comparisons are UTTERLY BANNED from the net, since the 4870 loses so terribly.
    6. Even this great review I was happy to see, faile to mention the standard 216 is clocked at 602, not 576 like the 192.
    7. The 260 and 280 scale wonderfully, a whole lot better than the 4870CF/x2 , and only after tremendous efforts by ati have they solved smoe of that problem while breaking other games in the process. Even after the FIXES 8.9, 8.10. now past 8.12 or whatever it is - the 4870 still DOES NOT SCALE AS WELL AS THE 260 - OR THE 280 - it's BEHIND.
    ( reds just can't admit it - it's right in every chart anyone has seen, but instead of actually admitting it , they suddenly "can't stand crossfire or SLI)
    8. Right after telling us they can't support crossfire or SLI - they scream the 4870x2 is the single best card out there....
    ( now the GTX295 has kicked the crap out of the 4870x2, so all they can say is "it ain't true" or NVidia panicked and is late )
    Next thing they'ell do is claim they're getting a 4870x2, since it's not too late for that ! lol
    Then they'ell say the gtx295 is a power hog ... (suddenly power matters, but no power mattered when the 4870x2 or 4870 was hogging the grid)
    9. the 4870 and x2 (1024 2048/x2 ONLY !!!!! ) sometimes takes the very highest rezz win with aa/af - but most all of us don't have a $1,500.00 flat panel monitor, nor can we afford one, yet we can buy a 400-500 vidcard...
    After screeching about a single win in highest rezz with aa af on high, 2650x *whatever it is (*noone really remembers because people crybabying about a $50 or $100 card difference don't have a $1,500.00 Monitor), they declare the 4870 the overall winner, when it lost 9 of 10 of the other game benches in nearly every other resolution, and they play in 1440/900 or if they're lucky 1080 - but the most common resolution for gaming according to all the current polls is 1280 x 1024 - which most 17" crt's and beyond can do without destroying themselves.(which means most of em need a cheap flat panel stil)
    So these screeching whiners about their cherished red magical (loser card) won't be playing in that magical rezz anyway - at least 99% of them won't be.
    10. ati can't make a single GPU card that equals the NVIDIA GTX280 - they just CAN'T DO IT - THEY CAN'T DO IT.

Only in the crazy world of red worship - like in communism or in orwellian lies, worse is better, more is less, less is more, and hatred for "big brother" (nvidia the "ruler") is ever present.

Yes, we all need to cheer for the underdog ati red properly, yes it's an american tradition ( GAG !).

I've never seen so much BS in all my life - from supposedly geeky people.
    They all screamed the GTX295 reviews were biased except for ONE at hardocp that had the 4870x2 winning in a single highest playable resolution.... LOL 1920x ....
    Yes, it's just absolutely amazing.

Anyway, thank you and the Brutus guy for speaking up to the raging red - and not buying the bs.

I was so happy when I saw this review and I commented to my friend I hadn't seen any red freaks in the thread as I was on post #19... then guess what...

Haha, just wonderful.

If you look at the bandwidth numbers, the golden sample 4870 is way higher (128 or whatever it was) than standard, and the gtx260/216 is LOWER than standard (111 or so).

But the GTX260 STILL WINS.

I have ati and nvidia cards, many of each, but I can't stand this latest lie like a rug fest from ati playas.

The MSI factory 260/192 oc (620) sports 121GBs/sec., and I'd bet that spanks the 4870 1 gig more often than not. ( No I don't play in 2650 rezz on my 30 inch Dell DWP monitor that costs $2,967.00 - because I haven't bought it yet!)

Red fan boys - EAT MY SHORTS !:sleep:

8. SiliconDoc

SiliconDoc Banned

Ok, well Merry Christmas to everyone.

I feel better thank you.

Oh yeah, you can use yer series 8 and beyond card now for PhysX processing, alongside your 8x,9x, or GT200 Nvidia card - in a NON SLI BOARD - even in a crossfire board - and you relieve the main gpu and the secondary does PhysX processing - a simple click in the desktop html like light running CP.

I bet if reds had something that COOL - they would be SCREAMING ABOUT VALUE !

Oh goddd we'd never hear the end of how much value that imputes to yuor upgrade path and how much THEY CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER WHO SPENT MONEY ON A FORMER CARD!!!

Oh but since it's NVidia and the nvidia gamers know they have a good thing - why it means nothing - since the raging reds are too busy lying, lying , lying...

Did I mention the red don't load the bloated CCC usually ? Yes their company ships that as part of the standard install, but it sucks really, really badly (at least it's cleaned up and a bit lighter now perhaps)....

Heck the standard red driver set with required dotnet 2.0 and bloat-o-crash-panel CCC with greyed out tabs ISN'T EVEN INSTALLED BY THE RED FANS !!!!
    Then they have the GAUL - to claim ati drivers have no more problems than nvidia ones do...

Yeah, and I'm an independent, self made, mutli billionaire, too.

9. SiliconDoc

SiliconDoc Banned

If you're a drooling red fan filled with hatred no nvidia card is ever needed.

" Plus GTX260 Core 216 is a desperate move in proving that they (Nvidia) are still the market leaders, the card was not needed at all but they still released it to gain the upper hand."

OH LOOK, THE CORE 216 HAS THE UPPER HAND ! GEE AM I GOING TO HEAR THE 4870 WINS IN THE NEXT BREATH ? I PROBABLY ALREADY DID.

Dear Santa,

I've been good all year except when I encounter a red, then I suddenly become the evil disruptor some say. Santa, I thought telling the truth was a good thing, why is it bad now ?

From the North Pole:

Well Sili,
    It's kind of like Global Warming that Santa has been hearing about. They keep telling me I'm out of business soon, but this year again I needed a couple of extra reindeer just to leap and bound over the giant snow banks. Santa understands. Now since you weren't the best you'll get something green, uhh... and red, for xmas.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

10. SiliconDoc

SiliconDoc Banned

Aren't we a bit "dated"....:

red rager: " You should read this article by AnandTech

AnandTech: The Radeon HD 4850 & 4870: AMD Wins at $199 and $299

If you are not interested in reading full article t... BLAH BLAH BLAH .."

tHAT WSA POSTED ON dECEMBER 7TH HERE.... but the anand article is dated July 3rd.... JULY - a freaking FULL LIFETIME flip in the videocard world....

Since the non panicking 4870 (512) is sucking wind WELL below $200 now in some cases, and the GTX260 (192) is still commanding $200-$260 and even (216) $280=$300 in oc'ed versions, are we ready to admit the "green killer" is LOSING ?

Will we hear that NVidia "panicked" again soon concerning the GTX295 ? Will raging reds scream NVidia is a bad because they BEAT the 4870x2 and DIDN'T NEED A GIGANTIC REWORKED CORE TO SLAM IT TO THE MAT ?

Is that what the reds will say about ati when they release their next high end piece - that they are PANICKING ? That the card ISN'T NEEDED ? That they just had to go grabbing at the crown - and say it in a smarmy, negative, put down fashion ?

How many raging reds get paid by the corporate structure of AMD, because it sure seems like they should be getting paid for frapping....(that means flapping their freaking lips)

Here's another one I just can't stand, it's as if red boy likes getting ripped off !

" Well, ati can drop it's price on the 4870 and still make money, whereas NVidia will take a huge hit trying to keep up since they have such a gigantic GPU die... not as many cards per wafer..."

Oh really ? So ATI is robbing you blind red fan, charging you a lot more than they have to, while NVidia is scraping by, giving their comsumers a whole lot of GPU 1.4 million transistors and a big die.... and barely above their cost ! ?

LOL - but then red fan screasm Nvidia is a price gouger! " holy crapioli red robin ! "

Yes, the deranged red fan .... corpo lackey boy... kissin that profit for the redcorp they dragged from their own wallet and kissed goodbye, and they argue that's good.

11. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

So, Doc, are you in Nvidia's payroll or something?

12. brutusmaximus

brutusmaximus New Member

No problems. Merry Christmas to you too Derek Perez. Hope 2009 is good for you guys :)

13. SiliconDoc

SiliconDoc Banned

lol- Fair enough.
    No, I'm not, but I think maybe I should be, or at the very least (although I think others consider it perhaps a waste of time) - the arguments I presented should be thrown back in the face of those slamming away on Nvidia, far and wide. You know, enough is enough. I wouldn't say a thing if the arguments were valid and honest, but 9 times of 10 they aren't.

blibbax likes this.
  14. Trusteft

Well, either way...have a happy xmas.

15. ChaosMinionX

ChaosMinionX USB 3 dot oh

So.....

PhysX = Giant gimmick currently, it does nothing more than eat cycles and produce over dramatic "hollywood" looking particle effects. It does absolutely nothing for performance of your game.

And quite honestly if you're running a 260GTX single or SLI chances are you are not looking for looks, and will want every bit of performance you can get for new games that are demanding, and adding extra load to them would be silly for a few particles and overdone effects. You are talking about a mid range parts that people buy because economically speaking they are in their price/performance range.

If your arguement concerned the 280GTX or 4870X2 then sure I would probably be having a conversation with you on it, but simply put you are talking about a market that has no need for PhysX.

As for the SLI scaling wonderfully and Crossfire not, that is utter BS check your sources.

Also alot of complaining about costs of things and wanting the best of both worlds... as shown by this poorly thought out statement.

1280x1024 arguements? This is the year 2008 almost 2009..... You are playing on dated equipment if you are talking about monitors that are under 20", hell even under 19". The majority if a poll were to be taken would say 19" (1280x1024) minimum, that number is dwindling since the 22" market of 1680x1050 panels are cheap as nails.

And to say that a video card coming as 1GB and 2GB respectively is a downside? Please take some time out from your ranting and read up on some stuff before posting, sure 512mb on a 4870 is good for games from 4-5 years ago, if you havent been paying attention memory requirements in every field of PC world has been increased why? Better high resolution textures, more storage needed for "smooth" experience. I would go into detail on why these memory sizes are needed, but its already clear you have not done any research or have had any hands on experience with anything you are talking about.

Crying that a $400-$500 video card which was designed for ultra enthusiasts with expendable income, or a mild case of insanity is not in a normal persons price range you would be exactly right. If you are playing on a 17" monitor you have no business even commenting on these products. 4870X2 is a very powerful card, and currently Nvidia has nothing that will match it.

Also the crap you spewed out about Nvidia shaving off $$ of their own cost to produce the G200 cores and give them to the consumer is absolute garbage, they were forced to because ATI came in with a card of equal or better performance at a lower pricepoint (learn what a first adoption premium is that you pay on new hardware that comes out). Maybe if you saw some of the stuff that came out about the problems Nvidia had with the early yields on those G200's you would see this in a different light.

What to even say about this? Its not that they can't do it, but to produce a lower pricepoint card it is better to produce lots of mainstream GPU's and put them in multi GPU configurations, than it is to produce a single monolithic core that its a powerhouse. It lowers costs to consumers and has better yields in the end.

You will see Nvidia stray away from the single powerhouse GPU to a scalable GPU that can be used in multi configs like the X2s have been. The future of hardware is all about scalability..

This is part of the reason ATI dug themselves out of the R600 fiasco and the HD2900 series. Nvidia dominated ATI at this point in time with the G80, the RV670 comes into the scene, and ATI gains a little foothold back.

First X2 hits the ground as the 3870X2 becomes the most powerful card on the market until Nvidia fires back with the 9000 series.

RV770 comes out as the 4800 lineup with the 4870X2 following hot on its tail it takes the lead from Nvidia and holds it till 2009 starts. Nvidia has poor yields on G200 cores and cant get enough product to market, and also caused the prices to go up on the 260GTX and 280GTX.

Performance gap between the 260GTX and 4870 are marginal at best, ATI is cheaper thus Nvidia is forced to have pricecuts. This is marketing not helping the consumer out because they are a consumer concious company like you make them out to be. And 280GTX isnt even in the same league as 4870X2, ATI also has the 4850 with slightly lower performance than the 4870 and a lower pricepoint even under the 260GTX which Nvidia has no product to fit that market at the time.

I also have yet to see any sources backing up your claims that wreak of fanboyism the very thing you are slinging at ATI users.

EDIT: I also in no way am stating the 4870 is better than the 260GTX. Really what it boils down to 4870 is slightly less powerful but costs less about $20-30 where for the extra cash the 260GTX is better performance. Course the idea of "less powerful" depends on the title you want to play, in which case they both have their tradeoffs.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  16. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

i just have to lol at this thread now.....

ok ok, so its pretty much been said that the GTX 260 Core 216 is king of the hill....

but really, the two cards are so close in performance..... it really depends on your system and what games you have....

also, thing is that i see the 4870 to be around $199-220 while i see the Core 216 cards to be $230-250..... so at the end of the day, in terms actually making a choice, my brain just says: who the hell cares? id just grab any of the cards that has the best manufacturer backing it....

17. SiliconDoc

SiliconDoc Banned

See, now even you did it... and you didn't even know it - you mean the 4870 / 512 is $199-220 ?
    but the 4870 /1024 is well...lowest there is - $225.00 and that's after a $15 rebate... so $240.00 --

PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE THE 1024 IS 199-220 !!!

Now is the red framerate queen going to argue for the 512 version of their redgod ? I kinda doubt it - not enough ram - it's a LAGGER when their only other argument is very high rezz with aa and af maxxed up.

So -.... the lowest GTX260 is $200.00 at the egg. (yeah that's the 192 version - but it IS factory overclocked to 620 core )

4870 /512 is under $200 SOMETIMES
    4870 /1024 $225 MINIMUM to near $300 ($296.99 @770core HIS)

GTX260/192 $200 MINIMUM and up to 254 (220-230av)
    GTX260/216 $235 MINIMUM up to $330 OC'ed FTW

__________________________________________________-

The GTX260/192 is more than the 4870/512 currently - because it spanks the 512 - spanks it good.

( I VERY MUCH SUSPECT A LOT OF RED FANS GOT THE 4870/512 BUT DON'T WANT TO SAY SO - 512 ISN'T QUITE ENOUGH RAM ALREADY)

So the GTX260/216 is $10 more than the 4870/1024 (if price is your concern there's the truth - I doubt many places as famous as newegg have better pricing - or even close to new egg pricing.)

Should I have INSTEAD told you the GTX260 is $200 while the 4870 is $225 ?

You know I could say something like that - AND BACK IT UP. (I'd consider it BS - but red fans don't when they do it going the other way)

_______________________________________________________-

Yes, well, let me know where the 4870/1024 is 199-220 - no you won't...

Sorry, you were nice enough about everything, but the ding dang numbers aren't right....

Just say you meant the 512 version of the 4870 .

Like I said - SORRY - but this is what happens - it's always DECEPTION - and it ALWAYS goes in you know what direction....

18. SiliconDoc

SiliconDoc Banned

I see, a mod who sends me a private message warning me not to post more than once (not to myself) and is a green hater - wonderful.
    I will address your false opinions and lies one by one. I'm not surprised you were the one who sent me a "warning" . Well, you posted PURE GARBAGE.

1. If you don't like "HOLLYWOOD" effects in your games (AS YOU PUT IT), just turn down ther resolution, or TURN OFF PARTICLE EFFECTS, and ALL THE OTHER EFFECTS.
    I'm more than certain > YOU WON'T BE DOING THAT !
    PhysX makes the game more immersive and fun - that's not FRAMERATE PERFORMANCE, but it IS game performance.
    You just have a red problem.
    If you don't - tell me that you turn off particle effects and all the other effects in your games ? NO OF COURSE YOU DON'T.

What does this crap even mean therer mod man ? " And quite honestly if you're running a 260GTX single or SLI chances are you are not looking for looks "

REALLY ? YOU AREN'T CRANKING UP THE REZZ AND TURNING ON AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, TO MAKE IT LOOK BETTER ?

I think you are a bit deranged to even say that. Honestly, how did you convince yourself of that ? Did you want to say " only the framerate matters! only the framerate matters! " ? I mean then you could WHINE that PhysX causes a framerate hit - and yes it does cause a bit - not much and neare zero on a secondary card, but it does take a bit to compute.
    Problem FOR YOU IS : Everyone is not going to some framerate stat to post every time they play a game. The higher cards do the resolution people play in just fine, and many LOWER CARDS DO AS WELL.
    Every time a person plays, they aren't donig a framerate post on the net freakshow - they want to ENJOY the game- and THEREFORE THEY VERY DEFINITELY ARE LOOKING FOR HOW IT LOOKS - INCLUDING SPECIAL EFFECTS ! YES IN FACTS ESPECIALLY SPECIAL EFFECTS.

Good gawd !

2. " If your arguement concerned the 280GTX or 4870X2 then sure I would probably be having a conversation with you on it, but simply put you are talking about a market that has no need for PhysX. "

BS - you don't want any discussion, first you say you can't stand PhysX, and claim others want nothing to do with it (they are looking for what ? ), and now you claim THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT.

YOU LIED WHEN YOU SAID YOU WOULD HAVE A DISCUSSION. YOU MAY BE A MOD, BUT YOU'RE A LIAR TOO. STOP LYING TO ME.

3. Sli scales BETTER than crossfire - on rare occassion crossfire gets a great scaling. Across the board SLI does better - and the GTX260 is ESPECIALLY GOOD AT SLI SCALING.
    ATI has a lot of problems there, and still DOES, and they don't have any way for force it like SLI can when IT WON'T WORK ! - with control panel specific GAME PROFILES.
    You had better check your sources, because ATI has been getting BAKED over that problem - from the MAJOR TESTERS that have been around for a LONG TIME.

4. I guess you're so out of touch, you forgot about the GTX295 which beats the CRAP out of the 4870x2 - and YES NVIDIA DOES HAVE IT- AND SO DO THE HARDWARE TEST SITES - AND SO WILL MANY OF US AFTER JAN 8TH.
    Maybe you MISSED the reviews ? A little too much PAIN for you ?

As to the rest of your argmuments, SMART GAMERS KNOW their monitors AND SYSTEMS will DO THE RESOLUTION THEY WANT TO DO THAT THEY CANNOT DO CURRENTLY WITH JUST A CARD UPGRADE.

Yes, if YOU had any sense, you'd realize the first thing to come IS THE GRAPHICS CARD.

They all run in PCI-e 1.0 - NO MOTHEROBARD UPGRADE IS EVEN NEEDED.

MANY 17" MONITORS RUN IN 1600X1200 - ALMOST ALL DO IN FACT.

SO YOU SIR, DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU'RE SO WRONG.
    " If you are playing on a 17" monitor you have no business even commenting on these products "

I SEE THE CENSOR HAS SPOKEN. NO BUSINESS EVEN COMMENTING - LOL

The BIG problem with your viewpoint is THESE TOP END CARDS HAVE A HARD TIME WITH VERY, VERY POPULAR GAMES IN RESOLUTIONS ABOVE 1600X1200 - AND IN FACT, YOU REALLY NEED A VERY EXPENSIVE SYSTEM TO PUSH THEM WITH CPU SCALING... BUT FOR THE AVERAGE USER - THE CARD MAY BE ALL THEY NEED !

They will play in the LOWER RESOLUTIONS - AND CRANK UP THE EYE CANDY- AND HAVE A GOOD FRAMERATE THE WHOLE TIME.

This is what the cards are really good for - HAVING A NICE BUFFER WHERE ANY GAME THEY PLAY IS GONIG TO RUN AND STAY ABOUT 30 FRAMES COMFORTABLY WITH WHATEVER EYE CANDY SETTINGS THEY USE.

YOU - ARE THE ONE WHO SHOULDN'T BE COMMENTING ...

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS ABSOLUTELY INCORRECT 100%.

5. Well, you want to love ATI for competing. I've got no problem with that. HOWEVER - they are making more per card - at least that's what you RED RAGERS tell us.
    So, NOW WHO IS SCAPLING ?

6. Now you want to run the NVidia corp ! roflmao They do fine without you.

7. This is the EXACT OPPOSITE of the whine about NVidia reconfiguring and renaming the SAME CORE.....
    BUT NOW YOU'RE BRAGGING IN REVERSE MODE ABOUT ATI - YOU GOT IT WRONG AGAIN.

WHAT IS THE REWORKING OF THE 8 SERIES CORE ? THE 9 ?
    WOULD YOU LIKE TO PURCHASE A $20 8400GS ?
    WHERE IS YOUR BRAIN WHEN YOU ARE SPEWING THAT CRAP ?

8. Thanks CLEO - SEE #4 - GEE WHEN YOU'RE PREACHING THEY ALREADY MADE A CARD YOU APPEAR TO BE COMPLETELY UNAWARE OF - EITHER THAT. - OR YOU'RE JUST ANOTHER RED RAGER JERK0- WHO DIDN'T WANT TO BRING UP THE GTX295 JUST SO YOU COULD SPEW THAT NVIDIA HAS NOTHING THAT CAN TOUCH THE 4870X2

WHICH IS IT ? YOU A LIAR OR IGNORANT ? OR BOTH ?

7950X2 GX9800X2

SLI MANY YEARS BEFORE CROSSFIRE ! MANY YEARS.

9. The hd2900 had a *512 RINGBUS - *that's the part they wanted to scrap -

THE GTX295 RUNS COOLER THAN THE 4870X2 - USES LESS ELECTRIC - LOWER WATTAGE - OH WELL - I GUESS ALL YOU CAN REALLY BRAG ABOUT IS THE TINY WAFER OF SILICON THAT MAKES YOUR REDGOD COMPANY RICHER

The GTX260 USES LESS POWER THAN THE 4870 - THE 4870 IS A FAT POWERHOG..... AND IT RUNS HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT .

IN OTHER WORDS SO MUCH FOR SMALLER SILICON BUB !

As to your multicore argument - the GPU cores already have multithread capability - and we shall see how the die shrinkage goes - wether or not one slab of pcb houses one or two or more full gpu cores- the limit at our user end is TWO currently.
    GET THAT THRU YER THICK SKULL AS YOU BLOVIATE ON ENDLESSLY.
    WHAT DO I MEAN ?
    "
    8. You will see Nvidia stray away from the single powerhouse GPU to a scalable GPU that can be used in multi configs like the X2s have been. The future of hardware is all about scalability.. "

I GUESS YOU NEVER HEARD OF THE GX2/7950, RIGHT MORON ? RIGHT REDBOY ? IS THAT RIGHT MR MOD ? HUH ? HUH YOU JERK OFF ?

IS IT OR IS IT NOT TRUE THAT NVIDIA ALREADY DID THIS CRAP YOU SPEW ABOUT IN #8 ? ISN'T IT TRUE THAT YOUR RED TEAM IS THE ONE WHO "CAUGHT AND DECIDED TO GIVE IT A TRY ? !!!!"

WELL MR MODERATOR KNOW IT ALL ?!????
    _______________________________________-

Yeah, I thought so - maybe not WRONG 100% of the time - but yer damned close !

What else for gawd sakes - there's more crap to straighten out from him...

I guess yer just in severe denial
    " First X2 hits the ground as the 3870X2 becomes the most powerful card on the market until Nvidia fires back with the 9000 series. "

REALLY ... boy you better CHECK YOUR SOURCES SONNY. t r y gx2 7 9 5 0 you moron.

IF YOU TRY TO CLAIM SINGLE SLOT SOLUTION - AS IF YOU MEANT THAT - EAT THIS YOU UNINFORMED FALSIFIER!

" The Gigabyte 3D1 fused two GeForce 6600 GT GPUs and 256MB of memory onto one board (128MB of GDDR3 memory per GPU), providing full GeForce 6600 GT SLI functionality from one package that comfortably fit into a SINGLE SLOT in your system. "

OH WELL YOU'RE JUST WRONG ! NOOB.

" 280GTX isnt even in the same league as 4870X2 ....."

WRONG - THE GTX280 SOMETIMES BEATS THE 4870x2 - AND WHEN THEY ARE SLI"ed THE 4870 loses a LOT.

Even the GTX260 SLI beats the 4870X2 2048 MORE OFTEN THAN NOT

- and NOW THE 240 CORE GTX260x2 (GTX295) HAS BEEN STOMPING THE 4870x2

BUT YOU AREN'T AWARE OF THE CARD. YOU'RE A KNOW IT ALL - KNOW NOTHING GET IT WRONG ALMOST ALL THE TIME LIAR.

As to the rest of your spewing lies post - you ARE A RED RAGING FANBOY - only your edit ISN'T A PACK OF LIES AND DECPETIONS. IN FACT YOUR EDIT IS FINE - IT'S ACTUALLY GOOD ENOUGH TO BE CALLED TRUTHFUL.

__________________________________________-

NOW MAKE SURE YOU DELETE THIS YOU COWARD SO NOONE SEES HOW WRONG YOU ARE - AND -

do your SICK LIAR duty and BAN ME - YOU PIECE OF RED FANBOY CRAP.

19. Trusteft

Oh man, not good enough that you sent the above bible to me in pm (why?) you also post it here. I am not even going to read it. Take the banana out of your ass and RELAX.
    I don't care which card is better, I have the 4870X2 and I couldn't be happier. My previous card was the 8800GTS, before that the 1800XT, etc etc.

Just CHILL OUT!

tanka12345 likes this.
  20. SiliconDoc

SiliconDoc Banned

Oh when reg rager boy comes in he'll just ban me.
    Let's list what RED PIGHEAD GOT WRONG. THIS IS WHAT RED RAGING MOD PIG liar SAID - HE LIKES TO SEND PM THREATS FIRST, THEN SPEW HIS RED LIES.

YEAH STUFF YOUR GODDAMNED LIES WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE !