Gay Sex in Dragons Age Origins causes uproar

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Nov 24, 2009.

1. LukeK

LukeK New Member

that video is just plain wrong.:rolleyes:

2. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it was 2 women.. err.. 1 woman and 1 alien that we believe to be female. This is 2 males, one of which is an elf (the term "fairy" really does seem appropriate right now for some reason).

Know what I think? I think people are upset because it makes them reconsider Aragorns relationship with Legolas. Honestly, no hetero elf can be that in touch with their feelings.

3. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Lol the sex in general was what made the damned game sell :D
    And LukeK i'd be careful making statements like that, You might offend people.

Tipstaff? LOL :rofl:

4. Optix

Optix Slave To Technology

Haha!

Elves of Lord Of The Rings Online Rejoice! You can now come out of the closet!

I remember a time when the term homosexual was a no-go. Now look at the state of the world. They are in the military, in the fire department, talk show hosts, there are sit coms about them not to mention the number of flamboyant fellas on just about any home decor/interior design show. Now we have them (in a strictly fictitious and polygonal manner) in video games.

Good on EA/Bio Ware. While I don't expect the majority of people to approve of this and I am wary of their reasons for putting it in the game it can only help open people's eyes and hopefully garner acceptance.

5. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

I doubt this will make a fuss, any game with dragons in it is already pretty gay.

I kid, I kid! :D

6. isaak

isaak Well-Known Member

It's quite shocking, but there's nothing absolutely wrong with it.
    Just made me a bit self conscious while I was watching it, didn't wanna let anyone see I was watching gay actions.

But hey, it's a game and it makes it all the more realistic.

7. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

hey, leave my elven guardian and rune keeper out of this. ok, sure, the RK may dress a bit.... flamboyantly, but its not like any of the light armor looks bad ass.

8. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

I don't see any problem with homosexuality or a gay sex scene in an R18 game, like that guy who married a video game character yesterday or walle and eve as long as there's love its all good.

9. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Should put 18+Kids stay away from this video :lol:haha. Dam I thought we talking about 2 women in this thread. Now that video would be better if there 2 women in it. :p

10. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

yep. a situation that shouldn't even attract comment in our modern, liberal minded society sparks a debate with distinct homophobic overtones..
    a bit too realistic if you ask me :rolleyes:

11. LukeK

LukeK New Member

Well thats a bummer if I offend people, I had figured as these are 'forums' and an open community that I could express what I thought, if anyone here is offended I guess thats something they would have to deal with. I am offended by quite a few peoples views in here but im not flaming them. I don't care about being a politically correct suck up, I have my own views.

I find it offensive that a game which reasonably young child could be playing is featuring sex in the first place - but that gay stuff is very wrong. Sure, we all know its a liberal, free speech environment and everyone just has sex with anything else that moves in todays society, but I don't see the need for it to be shown in an RPG game.

This is a damning indication of just how wrong our society is these days, children don't need to see this. :rolleyes:

12. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

The game is has a 18+ rating. A young child should not be allowed by their parents to play the game in the first place, else they fail as parents. They fail to protect their child. It's not the developer's job to raise others' children.
    If you are over 18 and play the game and you don't like the specific action, DON'T DO IT. No one is forcing you to play that way, it's your choice.

13. isaak

isaak Well-Known Member

That's true... the maker of the video obviously was excited by this new front of the game and felt the need to post the video.

14. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

If I understand correctly, this video only shows if you steer the game in that direction. If this scene was forced on the players, I could see why that'd be a problem, but if you have to deliberately choose for them to have gay sex, and then you get the scene, then you can't really complain about it, can you?

15. Optix

Optix Slave To Technology

Hey, my retired 60 elf hunter was a mean mofo (before the post Moria nerf) but looked like a chick. ;)
    I don't think this instance was about love but rather lust however I think you are correct.
    Oh, I'm sure this will be blamed for ripping the moral fabric of our society like GTA, Manhunt or any number of other games with "questionable" content. If it's rated M for mature it should be fair game for just about anything I feel and that includes instances like this. Brokeback Mountain won friggin' awards so I'll be curious to see if this has any fallout and will be extremely disappointed if there is.

Straight from the Dragon Age Origins website:

[​IMG]

Sexual content. It's right there in black and white but they don't claim butseks so there will be a lot of disappointed people. :D

16. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

I think you guys are missing the underlying warning in the video. It stresses the importance of keeping both eyes on assassins at all times, because apparently some, like Zevran in that scene, take their job literally.

dj_stick likes this.
  17. ArmoR331

ArmoR331 Guest

I for one do not approve of gay sex! ;)

18. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Finally, someone with the same level of horrible humour like myself!
    :D:D:rofl:

19. Bolletje

Bolletje New Member

So I herd u like fishdicks.

That makes you a gay fish!

ha-ha!

20. ArmoR331

ArmoR331 Guest

I know I get it.