Get a Mac? Apple release smug new anti Windows 7 ad

Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Oct 23, 2009.

1. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

iBook G4? that would have been a LONG time ago, before the switch to the intel architecture

2. SeraphicSorcerer

SeraphicSorcerer Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. :lol::lol:

God. I love macs, but that's just hilarious.

And believe me I can do shizzle with macs, anyone remember the BW G3s and graphite G4s that you could overclock via jumpers? Freaking fun

3. YAYitsAndrew

YAYitsAndrew Anti-Piracy Poster Boy

I'm not a fan of below the belt advertising regardless of which OS the ad favors.

4. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Knowledge? fun? diversity? I never get this attitude because it actually applies to most things in life. I have a friend who goes on Holiday (Vacation) to the same place every year cause he says "its everything he wants". 18 years in a row now - heck maybe he might have found a place better (or just as good in a different way) if he had made the effort. its so limiting, life is about experimenting and finding new things. Well it should be.

5. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

6. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

These ads make me not want to get an Apple. I hope Apple stops them. I don't like negative ads.

7. HardwareHeaven

Not even slightly funny? or just a waste of time? I don't think advertising has ever made me buy or not buy something. Maybe im just a stubborn old git.

Actually thats a lie, I think I bought aftershave once when I was 16 cause I thought I would get the attention of a lot of pretty blonde women.

8. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I did the mistake of buying old spice aftershave once, that was a stinky mistake. Usually I don't allow ads to make me decide to buy or not, something. I still enjoy taking info from them.
    It's not that I don't find them funny, there is humour involved and the PC guy knows his act, but I don't like the talking down from these ads. I am in favour of the logic sell your product, don't bitch about a competitor's. In this case, Apple could easily focus on their very good hardware and software instead of what they do. You want to compare which is best? Show it. Don't make "your mama is so fat" jokes. Yes, they can be funny, but do they work?
    Also heavily patronizing, another thing I don't react well to.

Basically, I believe Apple is shooting themselves in the foot. Implying that PC users are stupid, how is that going to make them buy your product? Unless of course their goal is to improve the morale of their own customers and not bring new from the "other side".

OR, perhaps it is just me.

9. HardwareHeaven

Maybe its a good point, I can't speak for everyone as I think im maybe more open minded than most. I think the insults are very tongue in cheek though, and the Mac guy in the ads is such a patronizing tool that I think you really take the side of the PC guy as he is a really good little comedy actor imo.

Its interesting to hear our communities views cause I know there seems to be some really intense feelings about these ads.

I am a member on a macintosh forum, not under this name, and I am always in there trying to educate some of the purist mac users, and they can be probably even more narrow minded than the PC audience who hate macs.

Fascinating how the love for a particular company or OS (or even graphics card) can make some otherwise very intelligent people turn very aggressive. I try to understand it, kind of like a social experiment.

I should link some of you guys to the threads on the mac forums sometime, although i don't want to ruin one of my net aliases.

10. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Double Agent !

11. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

That made me spit crisps all over my monitor :D

12. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Here is a virtual gift you can give to close-minded Mac fanboys :D

[​IMG]

13. HardwareHeaven

cool, so what can we give the close minded PC fanboys in here? apart from monitor wipes?

14. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Hehe , you mean me , right :bleh:?

15. Alex

Alex Driverheaven Lover

Join the hate crowd. its really easy to hate stuff. Its harder to learn it and work out what you are talking about ;) I am not sure why Z tries to educate sometimes. Quite funny to read a guy in here saying an Ipod is the same as the OS that Zardon does all his designing on. Then Mousey spitting out his crisps cause he agrees and finds it funny.

Hell I wish I could do the same on an 'IPOD os'. maybe I need to learn it.

16. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Sorry If I by blunder altered this thread from its original track.but note that Apple uses the same Sarcasm method more or less indirectly in their Adds.

17. LukeK

LukeK New Member

I have no intention of owning a mac, nor have I any interest in one. I like them though but I just do what I need on a PC (Im lazy like most people on these forums).

The ads are funny though, no idea why people get upset, offended and angry over them. Guess people take their choice of computers and operating systems rather personally.

Those threads on youtube are hilarious for the comments alone. So many idiots out there for such a small planet.

18. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

well some folk just have no sense of humour.... :uhoh:
    although ^ that's probably a bad example.. :p

19. SeraphicSorcerer

SeraphicSorcerer Well-Known Member

The Mac Ads work because of marketing psychology, If you ever want to learn how to manipulate the mind, ask a marketing executive from a fortune 500 company. See even if you HATE the ad, companies know that giving you an extreme emotional response will make you remember their brand. and due to the way they market it, you'll eventually forget why you hate it (supposedly) but remember the brand. It's complex psychology.

Prsonally, I find the Ads funny, and sorry, the Microsoft ads are just as made up as Apples.

20. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Who says i agreed? I just thought it was a friggin hilarious comparison