GH and DH Competition: Win a ATI 3870 GFX signed by Gabe Newell

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Instead of rushing our 3870 review for launch date today, we decided an indepth analysis of the 3850, crossfire and the 3870 would be more in line with Driver Heaven's high quality reviews, so we apologise for the brief delay, however that said we have something just as cool for our readers today!

Driver Heaven, Gaming Heaven, AMD and Valve have teamed together to give away a brand new 3870 graphics card, signed by Mr Gabe Newell !

To enter just head over here and read the rules of entering, its pretty simple !

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2007
  2. brutusmaximus

brutusmaximus New Member

my entry

Last time I played Half Life 2 I thought the graphics were so damn good I wanted to kiss Alyx. she is hot.

3. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

there isn't any mentioning if it is US-only or worldwide. So, if it is the latter, here is my contribution.
    -Oh, i totally missed that line-

I love playing Day of Defeat, because one well-placed grenade took out the other team. I rock!
    nah.. to be honest; I really like Day of Defeat because of the solid gameplay, great maps, the re-enforcements (maximum waiting time of 8 seconds when you get killed) that other fps's i played online lacked. And of course the variety of WW2 weapons. It's just a great game :)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  4. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Its worldwide, first line under "boring stuff" on the competition page.

"[FONT=Gill Sans MT, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]The boring stuff:
    The competition will close on the 10th Of December 2007. Competition is open worldwide, multiple entries are allowed.
    Driver Heaven, Gaming Heaven, AMD and Valve are not responsible for any stress caused by trying to win this competition. The final decision is the final decision, thats why its called the final decision, so we want to see no whinging, bitching or claims of "OMG, I never win im a loser, feel sorry for me I hope you all die" when it's over."
    [/FONT]

5. Da_Jewish_Fonzy

Da_Jewish_Fonzy Me>You

My favourite Valve game has got to be Half Life, I love it to pieces and still play it several times a year. If Gabe was single I would totally hit on him at the bar so I could tell my buddies, "yo you know the valve dude? wel I danced with him noob!"

6. leetphoenix

leetphoenix New Member

Translation: Teamfortress 2!

7. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

It'd have to be the original Half-Life, my mate had gotten the game from one of those 12 games a year offer things, and he hadn't sent the slip back, his mum said he couldn't keep it and not to open it. So we cut school, opened it and sat in awe as we watched the unfolding train ride... memories.

We didn't get to finish it. His mum went mad and sent the game back anyway, it was the following christmas when I was able to finally pick the game up. lol

8. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

My favorite Valve game is Half Life 2 and EP1. Just because the stunning graphics and good game play gives me good gaming experience.

9. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

ah! the endless days of the original day of defeat, with all its custom maps, skins and models! I've still got a 2 gig dod steam folder with all the custom stuff in it ready to be pasted into action!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  10. Caze

Caze New Member

The nice memories of Counter-Strike and AWP g*** and the sweet sound of their whines...

11. Brutality

Brutality Active Member

The best Valve game? I guess it has to be Call of...no wait...that's not from Valve. Can't I just get that card for sincerity?

12. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Mine would probably be Half Life 2. It was really the first game that re-introduced me to PC FPS gaming, and rekindled my obsessi.... love of PC hardware. In fact, I think I came to DH looking for information regarding the game.

Without it, I might never have been able to share my unique charm with the community! ...My apologies.

13. Customgamer1

Customgamer1 Fell off the tech wagon

Valve games are so good it's making me littlerly insane!!!

14. ffrules

ffrules New Member

best game valve ever made?

Half-life 1 ofcourse!..i was pretty young at the time and i saw it at some friend of a friends house, anyway the sound and graphics were so amazing it took my mind completly off the fact the guy sitting next to me was 130kg and smelled pretty bad.

i could bare it! only to keep playing lol!

15. jasperchc

jasperchc New Member

My favourite valve game is certainly Team Fortress 2 because its the only place where I can backstab anyone without any guilt or remorse, muahahaha :evil::evil::evil:

16. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

Counter Strike:Source is the best game in the history of gaming.
    it's so damn good I didn't even try and get a deal online for it, I bought it full price out of Woolworths of all places :lol:

17. GeneralClaymore

GeneralClaymore Active Member

Half life 2, I enjoy making the combine fly in the air with the rocket launchers.

18. PrEzEs

PrEzEs DriverHeaven User

Favourite game ?
    I thought it would be HL2 for ever and ever, but after I played Portal...

Well I played it a few times enjoying the computer voice and how it made me laugh. I played it because of the riddles, the voice (I caught myself actually on playing and waiting for the comments made by GLaDOS) and of course - I wanted the damn CAKE !! :D
    And the ending score - thats where the tears came out...
    After that I've played all the levels with commentary on, and again - it made me come to tears. God I wish I could meet the actress which gave voice to GLaDOS... and congratulate her (and Valve team, for the perfect script/monologues and riddles).

19. SafetyHelmet

SafetyHelmet New Member

Awesome!

I've been too broke to upgrade for 2 years now, so a new video card would be a blessing. My favorite Valve game has got to be the original Half-Life. It was not only an amazing game on its own, but it inspired an incredible number of today's best mods and multiplayer games!

20. gregj

gregj New Member

My Entry - My Favorite Valve Game

The original Half-Life is my pick, while HL2 was good, HL was cutting edge in your face kind of stuff. We as a gaming community were being exposed to some incredible visuals and some gameplay that required thinking as opposed to blind running jumping and shooting. When the game came out, I had been drooling in anticipation for some time, I had just upgraded my computer and was running ATI for the first time, I was impressed. That is my opinion, and by my own admission I am currently running an Nvidiot card, to which I have had nothing but problems (EVGA 8800 GTS), I recall having 0 problems with ATI, then and hope the new line of cards is powerful and capable of putting a thrash to Nvidia. Competition is the root of innovation, and also drives down the price for us Card Addicts who need a regular fix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.