GH and DH Competition: Win a ATI 3870 GFX signed by Gabe Newell

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brutality

Brutality Active Member

Give me the graphics card and then there will be cake.

And also a party with all of your best friends.

Yes, you know that Portal is the best game from Valve.

2. Ferret_Style

Ferret_Style Bouncing off the Walls

My favorite Valve game is HL2 Death match. There is nothing like lan gaming with freinds and getting a crossbow shot mid air with low gravity on! Watchin the body float into nothing is funny!

3. Tril

Tril Triple screen racing ftw

The original half-Life has a special place in my heart. At the time of its release, it was one of the most demanding and most beautiful game. It was the first game that pushed me to upgrade my hardware. The era of the 3Dfx Voodoo 2 was over.

4. jkayca2

jkayca2 New Member

So I was playing half live 2 and came to a sudden realization. I only have half a life.

5. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

I wet myself the first time i encoutered a alien in Crysis... :D

6. andrew655

andrew655 New Member

Favorite Valve Game Q and A

We do a telephone interview with Andrew, an avid PC gamer, on his favorite Valve videogame.

Q: So Andrew, tell us about your favorite Valve video game...
    A: Definitely Counter Strike Source. Hands down.
    Q: Why so..
    A: Well, thats a really deep question. Can I get back to you on that?
    Q: Sure, I'll wait....
    (30 seconds later)
    A: WHO THE HELL DOES THIS GUY THINK HE IS??
    Q: I'm sorry?
    A: F*ckin NOOBiEs.
    A: I'll teach these bastards a thing or two
    Q: What are you talking about?
    A: HEADSHOT BABY yyyyeEEAhhHH!
    Q: What on earth is going on over there?
    A: AND STAY DOWN!... stupid cs newb
    Q: Excuse me Andrew... but--
    A: THIS AINT GUILDWARS YOU CRAZY NOOBLET
    A: I OWNZ YOU.
    Q: Goodbye Andrew, we appreciate the time you've taken out of your (clearly) busy schedule to answer our questions.

Well, there you have it... Although our conversation was brief, it is clear to us why Andrew enjoys Valve's Counter Strike Source. :lol:

7. Akhkaru

Akhkaru New Member

Well I'd have to say I have a mix of favorites, atleast for the Source engine. I love being a pyro in TF2, keeps me away from the hairspray and matches here. Just, the feeling of running through to someone's base and setting two or three people on fire is refreshing. Also, I'd have to enjoy the scout simply because beating the hell out of people with a bat is entertaining as well as very relaxing!

Then there's CS:S. While, competitive wise I play 1.6 more, I enjoy playing CS:S as well. Buying an AWP and waiting for the exact time and firing a large, piercing, bullet through a terrorists head makes me feel proud knowing I helped achieve some sort of act of courage. I like knowing my team is safe away from an active C4 charge, so it's always helpful to buy the kit. Otherwise, it would take forever to try to disarm it, and likely completely ravaging my body and anyone else in the path of destruction. Yeah, I don't like that.

8. OpusP.Gladiator

OpusP.Gladiator '42'

Umm Valve, what is that, I'm still loving Diablo 2.... muhahahaha

Count me in, Por Favor!

9. riles9262

riles9262 Driverheaven brewmaster

My favorite is half life because it fills me full of life.

10. DJShamrock

DJShamrock New Member

I own HL2Central.net for the past 3 years and so I am alittle biased when I say HL2. But I just bought COD 4 and played the first 3 levels and my jaw dropped more than once. Right now it's still Half-Life 2, but Call of Duty 4 is pretty damn good so far.

Nah it's still gotta be Half-Life 2.

Sorry I called you a "butterball" all those years Gabe. Can I has videocard?

11. hackerx

hackerx Banned

half life 2
    The best game series i've played so far in my life has been the half life series
    And half life 2 and its expansions make the series just perfect
    Graphics,sound,story and how can i forget,the gravity gun(There wouldn't be any real time physics in any games today IMO if it weren't for the gravity gun)
    it was pretty damn fun too!!!!

And Half life series has been a modders best friend over the years(no questions there)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  12. hackerx

hackerx Banned

another one of my recent favorites has to be Portal

Intuitive and unique gameplay that actually makes u think
    The gameplay is fun and is literally "One of a Kind"
    I never thought being a lab rat would be so much fun
    Hours of gameplay that gave my brain a work out
    And only Valve would have the guts do a game like this which has never been attempted before

Sarcasm,Sound effects and down right dead sense of humor from that computer also drives u on to finish the game

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  13. jasperchc

jasperchc New Member

My favourite game is Team Fortress 2 because with enough practice, i will be able to join the military :)

14. feedz

feedz New Member

My favourite valve game is the original Half Life. Was the best game of it's time. I jumped out of my skin plenty of times and wasted ammo blasting everywhere but at the alien that ambushed me. And nothing beats the giddiness I felt inching along the cliffs. Pre-rendered, sure but made my stomach jump and twist around nonetheless.

15. nitrousoxide52

nitrousoxide52 Driverheaven.com err .net

My favorite Valve game is Team Fortress 2. True Story: I was playing as the doc, and every time I killed someone with the bone saw I would yell into my microphone with my sadistic german doctor accent, "Zat looked painful!". I think my impression may have been a bit off, someone said I sounded like Arnold Schwarzenegger meets Alvin and the chipmunks :D. Before long I had wracked up nearly 40 kills with the saw, and was kicked for spamming voice chat :x, but man it was awesome!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  16. Dr4go

Dr4go New Member

I like ATI and Gordon Freeman! :)

My favourite Valve game is - by the way - FOR SURE the first part of Half Life. When I first met Gordon Freeman I totally fell in love and my life was halved by the game... :D the same story with the upcoming Half Lifes... now if I get the ATI 3870 they have to change the name to Full Life, because then it takes even more time of my real life! :)

17. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

i remember when team fortress was my favorite thing to do after school/work!

18. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

My first Value game came from when I gotton 8500LE card long ago if you remember that graphics card. :) Called Half-life. But I still need a better card to play that game in full gorly Detail all the way up!

19. MidnightWatcher

MidnightWatcher New Member

My favorite Valve game was telling my little brothers and their friends there was something stuck in the end of the water hose in the back yard, but I'd tell them not to touch it and wait till dad got home. At that point, I'd merrily walk on my merrily way. Of course, being unable to resist the boyish urges to investigate the unknown they would go and pick it up and peer inside ever so intently to see what I was talking about, at which point I'd secretly turn the Valve on and near drown them. Then I'd run to my bedroom, lock the door and play Half Life... which wasn't just any game to me at the time. It was an encounter with a whole new world, and that was something that no other game had brought me to before ...

20. slugbug

slugbug Going Broke Saving Money

I'd have to say my favorite Valve game was and still is Half Life 2. It just looked so damn nice with my 7800GT :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.