GH Review: Assassin's Creed (PC)

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by craig5320, Apr 9, 2008.

1. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

Read The Review Here

Assassin's Creed has been out for around six months now on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 and has proven to be not just a big seller but a very good game. Finally it has made the leap to the PC platform and I am pleased to say it has been worth the wait.

The game environment is rich, beautiful and very alive, the attention to detail is simply wonderful to behold. As you explore this world you take control of Altair, a white robed, incredibly gifted assassin. It is your task to complete goals across gloriously rendered cities such as Jerusalem, Acre and Damascus. These cities are the heart and soul of Assassin's Creed, each of them is vibrant and bustling with life. People mill the streets going about their everyday business, you get approached by beggars looking for money, drunks out to harass you and more dangerously you will have to deal with over eager soldiers. Wandering the cities is just as you imagine it would be in real life all those years ago, orators delivering political speeches while town guards bully the poor peasants for money and kicks. Every city has its own personality and identifiable stylised look, adding to the overall atmosphere of the game environment.

2. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Another nice review. I've been waiting to try this one out, so I might have to give it a shot.

3. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

I haven't seen it on any platform yet so I'm glad to hear they did good on the PC version. It might give me the upgrade itch though I suppose.

4. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

Great game! so refreshing (for me atleast) with the combat, interaction/targeting style and all around feel. I never played any of the console versions. Running excellent with everything up and 2x Multisampling, 4x AF via CCC @ 1680x1050

i agree the default control configs were slightly odd but after readjusting high profile to shift, feet to space, target/interact to right mouse button and push/grab to left mouse thumb buttton the action is great and fluid IMHO. i am able to engage multiple guys at once switching between them, using the grab function and using power attacks (holding the attack button down). As for the combo attacks, it uses a similair method as The Witcher except dont look for the symbol to strike, attack when your sword clangs against an opponents and gain a rythm during the battle from the sound.

great fun free running and the wrist knife is sweet with the pre-empitive high profile kills!

5. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

This looks like a game where a 360 controller might serve well.

6. ptsigas

ptsigas New Member

just wondering if this game allows CROSSFIRE..i have 2 1900's - right now it runs ok i have multi off and everything else full - anyone know if CF is enabled in the game?

7. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

I;ve been playing this game the last couple days and I really enjoy it. It's amazing the way you navigate in the environment. Once I got used to the combat and controls, the game is really enjoyable.

The world is really something to behold, and like was said in the DH review, I wish the game was a little more open ended.