GH Review: Mario and Sonic At The Olympic Games (Wii)

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Dec 3, 2007.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Read The Review Here

We’ve seen plenty of mini-game conglomerates on the Wii ranging from creative titles like WarioWare: Smooth Moves to the more gimmicky releases like Wii Play. Instead of focusing on depth, these games all advertise a pick-up-and-play value that should be appealing to gamers of all skill levels. While Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games hoped to set the standard for what a mini-game title should be like, once you get past the gratuitous arm-flailing events there isn’t a whole lot to get excited about.

2. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

agree w/ u on the review... its okay for the first 30 minutes, after that it was way too boring

3. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

How does it compare to Wii Sports? Is it more enjoyable or interesting to play or less?

4. Vesper

Vesper Ex-Review Monkey

Wii Sports is far better because the motions are more intuitive. In Mario and Sonic it feels like you're performing a bunch of random have waving motions, and you really can't even play the game unless you read what you have to do. With Wii Sports I'm fairly sure that straight across the board anybody could pick up a game like tennis or boxing without having to think twice, which makes the experience a lot more involving.

5. ET3D

ET3D Hopeless Dreamer

I'd agree about tennis being intuitive. And bowling. But in boxing the movement on screen is never what I'm doing. Sure I can beat someone by making frantic moves, but nothing more than that.