GH Review: Sega Rally Revo (PC)

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Oct 2, 2007.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Read The Review Here

Let's face the facts; not everybody has what it takes to make it as a professional rally racer. Sure an elite few can kick back with their spot-on physics racing on actual locations around the world, but some of us out there desire a fast-paced, unrelenting experience that pumps adrenaline nonstop. In steps SEGA Rally Revo, a reincarnation of one SEGA's oldest franchises that is purely about arcade racing. While the concept of keeping the pedal to the metal nonstop seems like it could be loads of fun, unfortunately for this game's case racing seems more like a chore than anything else.

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Mind you I have only played the demo, but, I believe you were too harsh about the graphics. Last millenium? I found the best part of the game (demo) the graphics and in terms of looks one of the best looking games of the last couple of years.

3. Vesper

Vesper Ex-Review Monkey

With my 8800GTX I've played some pretty sharp looking games, with DiRT being one of them, and it's not even fair to compare Sega Rally Revo to DiRT in terms of visuals. The car models aren't precise, the environments are filled with the same recycled, dull bushes, trees, etc.. throughout the level (just look at the sides of the road when you're racing and you'll see what I mean). The particle effects were pretty simple as well.

Maybe saying it was from around the year 2000 was a tad harsh, but there's no way you can compare it to any good looking driving game from the last couple of years.

4. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Id prefer this over CM Dirt any day,Even though this still requires a little practice.

5. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

360 one seems decent although i don't like the way the sides of the track have invisible walls. looks terrible if you go off course to be guided back along an invisible barrier.

could be a lot better although I like the handling.

6. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

I also wish it had collision damage, the whole bumper cars thing weirds me out. Though for a quick romp it's fun for me.