GH Review: Test Drive Unlimited (PC)

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Apr 18, 2007.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Read The Review Here

With the next-generation console war in full swing, it sometimes feels as if PC gamers are left behind, especially when it concerns new innovative ideas. Games like Okami or Guitar Hero II just don’t exist on the PC platform and instead, gamers have to settle for the typical FPS, RTS and RPG genres. While this is far from being a bad thing, I do wish that from time to time, developers would bring some those unique console games over. Thankfully, Atari and Eden Games have heard my cry for innovation, given that they’ve ported Test Drive Unlimited over to the PC. And trust me, no need to complain how this is “just another car game”, because it’s so much more than that.

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Perhaps a bit more as to what you do in the game? Also, you mention several times there are plenty of bugs in the game, but don't give any examples?

I liked the rest of the review though. I am going to get the game thanks to your review.

3. Sandok

Sandok New Member

You mostly do what I mentioned (very quickly) in the singleplayer aspect are general races, timetrails, speed tests (reach a speed, pass through speed cameras, etc) or do missions (pick up a model and get her to a certain place before time runs out or a hitchhicker and such). These are based by car category and such. As for the multiplayer aspect, I think I mentioned it but I'll do it again if need be (never hurts), just races and everything all over the island :D

As for the bugs, well there are save corruptions, graphical corruptions (momentarily) and sudden crashes but a patch is already been announced so that might be fixed by the time you get the game (and you'll love it if you adore cars).

Sorry for missing out on some of those details, there's so much to say sometimes :lol:

4. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

ill wait till the patch comes out and check it out then.

5. T.N.G.O.G.

T.N.G.O.G. New Member

Quick Question, anyone think my ATI Radeon 9250 256MB PCI card can run this game LOL?

Anyway, the TD series has been up and down for me. I own TD6/TDOff Road XBOX, TD 2002( PC ), and they are great games, so i cant wait to play this game on the xbox and buy it for the pc later.

Nice Review too :)

6. Sandok

Sandok New Member

To answer your question, unfortunately not... Well unless you count playable 1framepersecond, that card is gonna die :p Anyways, if you have to get a version, the Xbox 360 one is the best!

7. Exceededgoku

Exceededgoku New Member

good review, covers all the good points! Have you managed to play the "Hardcore Mode" with a steering wheel? Now that is some fun!!! Get a car like the Zonda/Enzo tuned up and drive through a tunnel full volume (now that is what I call amazing)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007