GH Review: Viva Piñata (X360)

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Dec 5, 2006.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Read the review here

At a first glance it’s hard not to be skeptical when you’re faced with a vibrant game about piñatas that’s based on a show airing on 4Kids TV. While the flashy colors and an overall appearance geared towards the younger demographic may seem queer at first, Viva Piñata offers a surprisingly deep garden simulation experience that can be extremely rewarding in the long run. Starting off with a meager plot of barren land, the undeniable charm in this game can grasp you from the start and never let go.

2. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

This is an awesome game, and whatever you may be told, only real men can play it and be successful with their garden!

3. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

The game looks like a lot of fun. i love the visual style, it is very unique. Nice review,

4. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Not all fairies are nice.

Reminds me of Cubivor. That was a very odd but enjoyable game also.

5. bananaman

bananaman banana muncher

I am tempted to pick this game up, but I have a short attention span for games like these :/

love the look of the game, such a distinctive style

6. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

with a name like that i was thinking of a pinata sim, using the Wii's remote/nunchuck…

7. Lelisevis

Lelisevis Howlin at the moon

I very nearly picked this up today, it can be found in some uk stores for £33. My biggest worry is that a lot of reviews have said the garden itself is to restrictive size wise. Any comments?

8. Vesper

Vesper Ex-Review Monkey

I never really found the garden size to be restrictive. You start off with a limited plot and it keeps on expanding as you level up (you level up by attracting more pinatas, having them mate, etc..). It's not an incredibly large garden as some of the trailers led me to believe, but as the game progresses you'll find that there is a nice balance between the amount of goods available and the amount of space you have to work with.

9. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

excellent review (so good I felt compelled to email it to my entire contact list :) )

doesn't sound like my kinda thing to be honest, like banana I have a v short attention span, but I really love the concept and ingenuity behind. :)
    If I had a 360 I'd be picking this up for my daughter (and fiancee proably :lol: ) for sure :)

10. Markius

Markius New Member

This is one of the best games ive ever played, and up there for game of 06 (for me anyway!)

the review pretty much hits the nail on the head, nice work :cool:

..i cant remember the last game that kept me up til 3am......3 nights in a row....and counting! :duh: