Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter ! OMG

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by ViRuS2k, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Lakevren

Lakevren MedicalEntropy

Have the game.

I hate the game.

Ok, the AI is NOT smart. The enemy has like radar, or some crap, and seems to see you always from god knows where. Your teammates seem to do lots of suicide actions. You tell him to move, he most likely won't fire back even if he's getting fired at.

The graphics. Why is it so damn sepia like? I mean it's so bland. Really bland. Not to mention it looks worse than HL2 on medium settings, and runs almost as bad as Oblivion performance-wise.

Oh and AA? Sorry, no AA.

The way the view bobs back and forth makes it really hard to even look at things and even worse at shooting things. (The bobbing effect is not realistic. If a video camera was strapped to your head, yeah, it would bob. But when you run or walk, does your brain process the view as bobbing? Not in my eyes.)

Just give me original GR back.

2. studbagel9

studbagel9 Rolling the Hard Six

I love this game. This is what Rainbow Six 3: Lockdown should've been. Coop play rocks!

3. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Great great game... I'm really hooked into it :p

4. Flexkill

Flexkill New Member

I have the 360 version....which is better for any of you that have, or have played both. Thanks.:confused:

5. Sandok

Sandok New Member

The gameplay is actually SOOO different that you gotta try em out yourself. Imho, PC is cooler since you have a mouse and kezboard!

6. nicnik

nicnik In the Land of Snow

i can never get myself to play a fps on a gamepad/controller. Only time i played a fps on a console and enjoyed it was goldeneye and that was years ago

7. BulletTheory

BulletTheory Forgiveness is a Six Gun

I tried the game as soon as it came out. I played like 5min and uninstalled it. I hate it. Sure it has really nice graphics, but the gameplay is not as good as the graphics. I felt like it was a robot or sumthing... well nice graphics and good looking overall, but not a game for me!

8. Customgamer1

Customgamer1 Fell off the tech wagon

Got to agree the xbox is so much better looking and it is a lot of fun to play.

I have played the demo on the PC and it's ok. But after playing it on the 360 it is just not the same. The only thing cool with the pc ofcourse is the mouse and keyboard like Sandok said!

9. BulletTheory

BulletTheory Forgiveness is a Six Gun

Agree!!

10. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Well exact, it's a tough game to get into but I personally find the gameplay soooooo great and the immersion amazing!

11. Hannibal Lecter

Hannibal Lecter New Member

I prefer the PC version myself. cant stand using a control pad for these types of games(like already mentioned). I also prefer the first person perspective over thrid person.

12. ka713

ka713 Deceased

same same, i dont know how people play using a little thumbstick to aim :duh:

also wondering, is there a feature to get your troops to kill tarkets with specific weapons - not just attack. I load my teammates up with grenade launchers and rocket launchers, but they never get used :(

13. MiDri

MiDri New Member

If you command a troop armed with a rocket launcher to take out a tank, they will use the rocket launcher... I have not found a use for arming troops with GP yet... perhaps target a turret?

14. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

thier $300 and up... you really want one that bad? :D
    IMO price/perf ratios is very poor with agieas soultion.
    Mabye if they get thier prices down a good 1/2 to 1/3
    of what it is now.

15. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

Did anyone find this very strange indeed.

but on the first mission i could use that handy nifty DRONE to spy in advance on troops lol

but where the hell is it after mission 1 i havent seen it again :(

now im on mission 4 and i still cant seem to get the drone ??????? was it only for the first mission lol

16. Sandok

Sandok New Member

He comes back don't worry :p

17. ViRuS2k

ViRuS2k Well-Known Member

yeah mission 5 LOL its a night mission aswell and im solo and i got a army after me lol

my question this time is what was the point in placeing the drone on this mission its at night and when i go to view though it i cant see a dam thing its to dark lol

does this drone have nightvision becuse im blind useing it :/

18. Logla

Logla Well-Known Member

Unlikely - I got a dell 9400 (E1705) with the same spec and tried to play it on that. Even at the lowest gfx settings it gets very low frame rates - about 10-15fps and because it looks really bad it makes it more difficult to play.

However on my new main rig I got some new parts this week - X1900XT-X and a AMD 3700+

I'm able to play at 1600x1200 with everything maxed and it looks phenomenal. Well worth spending some money this week.

Just need a nice widescreen LCD now to go with it.

19. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

Viewsonic VX2025... highly recommend it... better screen and better looking than the 20" dell... best 20" on the market as far as I can tell... I was thinking about 24"... but 20 just made more sense for me + it just looks so much nicer than the dells!

GRAW runs at solid 45fps on X1900XT + 4400 X2 (effectively dual 3700) + 2gig - that's at 1680x1050 all high + 16x AF

20. tEckniks

tEckniks New Member

well i just got the game.. its sweet BUT i have a problem. no idea why, but sometimes the game locks up, crashes back to desktop in 4bit mode.. and i cant change it unless i restart the whole computer.

using the latest nvidia drivers, no problems whatsoever w/ oblivion, fear, nfsmw, swat4, hl2 ..

maybe i should try to get new xfi patchs .. if any