Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme Waterforce 2080 Ti - 2 pcie white leds

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by sew333, Apr 10, 2020.

1. sew333

sew333 Member

Hello.
    Gigabyte 2080 Ti Aorus Waterforce Xtreme

The LED lights are located above the PCIe power connectors on the card.

When card is underload i can see white lights near pcie 2 connectors. Not blinking. Just white lights continuously. No problem in stability,clocks are normal.

Psu is Seasonic ULTRA TX 750W Platinum. Anybody have the same card?

Card is plugged by 2 separate pcie cables.
    But according to AORUS white leds lightning continuosly means that there is no power LOL. So i guess its bug with RGB . Both two white lights are not blinking. They just lightning continuously. Card working ok.

2. Calliers

Calliers Side hustle: Mayor of Kenja Staff Member

RGB tends to have errors, especially if you set it, and it doesn't do what's it's told after a while. Especially on RAM with RGB.

I have my PC set to circulate through all the colors, everything listens except the RAM. After a while it just goes back to it's default.

Also do you have more than one program installed for RGB, you're supposed to have just one, I recommend the one for your motherboard brand, as it can control evertyhing.

3. sew333

sew333 Member

[​IMG]

So i dont have power issue or have? Like i said card working great

4. QB71

QB71 Well-Known Member

Well that image says two different things... On the Picture of the LEDs it clearly says "Consistent LED" means stable power... but right beside that it says "Light off" means stable power... nice.

But BOTH sets of info say blinking is bad... I think it is safe to say all is good in your situation

QB

Calliers and IvanV like this.
  5. sew333

sew333 Member

So. The power led indicators light up for some reason and do not turn off until i restart pc. After restarting PC, they do not light up. At the same time, the logo stopts to play with colors, and burns constantly.
    Even if I load the card heavily, the indicators do not turn on.

It happens sometimes on loading screen in 3dmark Port Royal. Also performance and clocks are not affected. Just that 2 constant power led white lights and gpu aorus logo stuck on 1 colour. In the same time ,card is not recognized Aorus Engine program in led settings.

When i reboot pc ,gpu logo is changing again colours and i dont see that power led pcie 2 white colours.

Can i ignore this??

[​IMG]
    But why on 3dmark loading screen they that 2 white lights popping up? And logo aorus stop moving. Is this a glitch?
    Only in 3dmark loading screen. I must restart everytime pc.

6. Calliers

Like I said earlier, it's fairly normal for RGB on video cards and especially RAM to just do their own thing, go into a single solid color or go back to their default (like my Patriot Viper RAM loves to do), I mean it's just RGB, it's superficial lol. Otherwise like other posts say I think you're pretty safe.

Especially if there are no error codes and everything seems to be working fine.

7. sew333

sew333 Member

But i ask about power led pcie white lights :) thx

8. Calliers

Don't worry about the white lights, the information that was on the site was contradicting itself.

Personally I think the two white lights on like that means that the card is getting power. Also, as long as the lights aren't blinking, you're golden.

sew333 likes this.
  9. sew333

sew333 Member

Okies thanks topic resolved. Really thanks. :) But i will create new topic,please read hehe:)

Calliers likes this.
  10. Calliers

Np man, anytime.

sew333 likes this.