Glenn Beck: Congress' Slavery Apology an "Affront to the Principles of Christianity"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Iria, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Iria

Iria New Member

On Tuesday, the House of Representatives formally apologized to African-Americans for slavery and racial bias in America. The resolution said:
    "Africans forced into slavery were brutalized, humiliated, dehumanized, and subjected to the indignity of being stripped of their names and heritaged. African-Americans continue to suffer from the consequences of slavery and Jim Crow -- long after both systems were formally abolished -- through enormous damage and loss, both tangible and intangible, including the loss of human dignity and liberty, the frustration of careers and professional lives, and the long-term loss of income and opportunity."
    Right-wing talk show host Glenn Beck spent much of his radio show's first hour ranting about this on Wednesday.

2. cozumel

cozumel I'm dangerous but cute...

A full apology by the president would not be out of place. But not on religious grounds. It should due to slavery, racism and institutional racism being an affront to humanity.

3. calidan

calidan Frozen in Carbonite

Let's stick with the actual definition and not change it.

apology: a written or spoken expression of one's regret, remorse, or sorrow for having insulted, failed, injured, or wronged another

Someone should not apologize for something they did not do.

4. SeraphicSorcerer

SeraphicSorcerer Well-Known Member

Let's stick to the fact that every race has been bonded into slavery and the fact that past deeds should not be a "must to apologize for in the 21st century, and that as a native American I continue to find it hilarious that 100 years later you still debate the stupid facts of slavery, the fact is, "blacks" are better off in America then they are in africa, which is still affected by aids, food shortages and corrupt governments as well as ethnic cleansing, so bitch all you want, but at least they have the right to bitch here, in the good old USA.

I still think it's all hilarious though, considering I'm like 60% Native American.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008