Global warming - fake or real?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by dsdsdk, Mar 11, 2007.

1. cozumel

cozumel I'm dangerous but cute...

Always listen to your mom and cherish what she says Grasshopper.

And always investigate the data, explore the facts and then form an opinion or theory.

Always keep your mind open to new information or ideas presented and be prepared for your beliefs to change.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  2. cozumel

cozumel I'm dangerous but cute...

Just found this data:

However, a 2006 study and review of existing literature, published in Nature, determined that there has been no net increase in solar brightness since the mid 1970s, and that changes in solar output within the past 400 years are unlikely to have played a major part in global warming.

3. Dowaco

Dowaco New Member

Nice find.

Concerning solar output: Its not the output of the sun that counts, it's the amount that hits the Earth. The sun's magnetic field affects cosmic ray flux which in turn affects cloud cover which impacts both albedo (reflectiveness of the Earth) due to high level clouds and reflected heat from the surface from low level clouds. Meanwhile, the sun's brightness does not change very much.

Nobody said this was not complex, the problem is that global warming proponents tend to oversimplify and leave out key facts or tell outright untruths in an effort to push their agenda. The general public accepts what it hears with no proof.

4. ZzzombieBunny

ZzzombieBunny Cake or Death?

Saving the planet and all human live from imminent destruction OR ignore the problem. Though choices, maybe we should just sit around on our arses for another 50 year and let the people in the future deal with it? I Mean it worked great in the 70s... 80s... 90s.

No but seriously, I think denying that global warming exists is about as ignorant and evil as denying the Holocaust. If there was even the sligthest minimal chance that we were causing the destruction of our (ONLY) planet, we should pull all our resources and efforts into seeing what could be done about it. Instead were just sitting on our arses debating over if the problem exists or not. It seems like for most people global warming is not an issue because they cant see it happening, you know like genocide in africa. Who wants that on their consious, I sure as hell dont. But then again im an atheist and nihilist so I dont really care if the planet blows up. We might as well speed up the process, as far as an intelligent lifeform in the universe goes, were a big frigging failure and im really ashamed of being part of the human race.

Its logicly undeniable that we cannot be the only intelligent lifeform in existence, how could we possibly justify our behaviour if another specifies popped by to say hello. We spent our whole existence on this planet killing eachother over the most meaningless things. We spend all our time and resources on either indulging ourselfs to the point that our bodies selfdestruct or building things that allow us to kill millions in the matter of seconds.

You know if I belived in God, I wouldnt be suprised if he himself set of global warming... just like we would use toxic gas to kill of vermin.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  5. Sandok

Sandok New Member

THe problem is, you can never consider anything as an absolute fact... I think we should take care of the planet, but not go overboard and restrict basic things like PCs not being left on standby and such. Find a good medium.

6. ZzzombieBunny

Sure we can, we do it all the time.
    Weapons of massdestruction in iraq. absolute fact.
    Existence of God. absolute fact.
    Stupidity of mankind. abso....

Leaving your pc on standby might not seem like a big deal, but hey lets multiply that with a couple hundred million. Then take ever other thing we dont really really need but still use and multiply that by a couple hundred million. I mean come on, you see how it all adds up. And theres more and more people joining in on the fun everyday going about clueless about how it all affects our enviournment. I think people who are pissed at Al Gore are just looking for excuses, who actually wants to take responsibility the planet. People are to lazy to throw trash IN the TRASHBIN, keeping the whole planet clean... people would rather ignore the problem and have faith in god and afterlife than deal with that shit.

7. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Hey I don't believe in the WMD or God but if everything is a totalism, that's no good for humanity...

Take care of the world, but don't go overboard, that's just what I'm saying.

8. ZzzombieBunny

Thats just the problem, we dont really need to take care of the world. All we really need to do is do a few changes to our lifestyle. Take some responsibility for our junk, consume less. Companies need to take more responsibility for what they do with the enviournment. But thats just not going to happen.

Why? Because the same people in charge of looking over enviournment issues are the ones who work for the companies causing them. Meanwhile most of us cant even take care of our own bodies and were expected to take responsibility for the planet? Thats not going to happen either.

So basicly, the goverment is not going to do anything about global warming untill the problem is staring them in the face. The people are not going to do anything, because the government isnt even acknowleding the problem. Meanwhile Al Gore tries to raise some awarness of the issue, what a bastard! I read in the papers today a guy dismissing what was said in Gore's movie (which is based on real actual scientific data by *shocker* educated people who spend their lives collecting scientific data and not just opinions by some selfcentered forum junkie like myself) because the guy has a big electricity bill and only made the movie to get some attention. I mean... just... wow. *cough*denial*cough*