Good luck UK

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Trusteft, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

You are going to need it. :(

2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

3. Trusteft

Or what? Skopje will start building statues of Elizabeth I and start claiming English history as their own?

4. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Or they have to stay in the EU. ;) It's a joke text from the local Onion, whose motto is "mirror image of the news". All of our countries are in the process of joining the EU and we are facing a series of conditions that we have to meet before being allowed to do that. Now that the UK is leaving the EU and "returning to us", we, the "non-European Union" have a series of conditions for the UK before allowing them to return among us. ;)

Trusteft likes this.
  5. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Bye bye Brussles, and especailly David Cameron.

Going to make an EDIT:

The uk were around way before we joined the EU and managed fine. Since then all we got were being told how to run our own country as time went on.

For a very long time we are unable to stand on ourt own feet due to some of the most idiotic laws given by the EU..

It may or may not work out but here are the results:

[​IMG]

Hopefully in time there will be no government spending our Taxes on useless rules or Bailouts to others without asking the Taxpayer (afterall most of the money comes from us)

Also most people possibly got pissed of with Millionaires telling us to stay in the EU.. who will never know what its like in the real world.

Sorry but I'm one who voted for OUT..

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  6. Trusteft

7. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

I really don't see the problem here.... "Technically" the US/Canada/Mexico are under the NAU.... which is far as i can see.. the driving power of which is US dictation of regulations...... and if it's not through legal documentation.. it's through pure pressure put on us by the states behind closed doors... even prior to the NAU suggestion.... this was an ongoing issue that several past presidents of the states and their elected or rather unelected chosen few... would instigate shit with canada and mexico regarding various thing at our expense in favor of theirs. You wouldn't believe the amount of natural resources and restrictions have been put on canada alone for our own stuff... hidden taxation for something that is supposed to be free trade... basically intentionally holding us by the balls in order to make us comply... and because we're so apathetic about it mostly, or simply unaware due to their behind closed doors policy, some things signed into law or regulation at our expense.... we know nothing about it.

Majority of the memes floating around show the UK as the ugly fucking idiot... and yet... actually looking into it... and trying to avoid both sides of the arguments nonsensical bullshit and biasness or just poor examples of why (that have been spun to sound damning but more in depth investigation shows otherwise).

I'm of the mind that the world as a whole... humanity rather... needs to come together... but the powers that be are going about it in a fairly foul manner... the idea of the EU is great.... in it's simpliest form... but the micro management appears to be so far out of hand... that it looks like a range of red tape and confusion has already occured. It's bad enough even canada... and lets not even bother diving into the shit hole united state worth of bureaucratic storm of the universe.... but the levels of government even within canada and the length of the line is already long enough... for a crazy load of people in the UK... and their equivilent government though much older... i could not imagine the nonsense introduced via the EU that we don't fully know about or understand completely... like throwing a wrench and the kitchen sink into the mix.

Really we shouldn't be making this more complicated.... they need to be simplier.... and it seems that the EU started off rather simple... but then got invested in the micromanagement.

8. Trusteft

For a generation British politicians always ALWAYS blamed the EU (and EC before it) for everything under the sun. The bad bad EU that wants nothing but to destroy us! They do nothing for us! They are just stealing our money! etc.
    Basically every populist tactic ever written. The same way that here that mf Tsipras won the elections.
    I don't know what the future will bring for the UK. Will it even remain a UK? No idea. That's up to the British.
    One way or another, even if they split up, they will manage. But, to what end and how leaving the EU will actually prove to be beneficial to the country, that is out for everyone to see.
    In the end we all have the politicians we deserve.
    I do wonder though when (mostly economic) the shit hits the fan over there, who the leading "pro leave" politicians are going to blame. Brussels, immigrants, Polish workers?
    As I said in my opening post, I really do wish good luck to the UK. I hope I am wrong and everything goes great for you. I love your country and people.
    Hatred and fear are very bad allies in reaching decisions.

CDsDontBurn likes this.
  9. techster101

techster101 New Member

Since then all we got were being told how to run our own country as time went on.

I just don't really understand this line of argument. Will you now be actively involved in running the country? Also the bulk of EU legislation that the UK has to abide by relaties to agriculture, fishing and trade, meaning the UK will still have to abide by them if we want to contnue to trade with the EU.

10. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

I'm no friend of EU, I never have been and I strongly opposed when Sweden was about to join. EU is an economic construct with a rather diffuse governing construct. Had it been based on democratic ideas instead I'm sure it would have been better but as it is we don't really have any contact with those making the real decisions. That alone makes me hope we'll leave as well. Break it apart, start over and do it right. I believe in a united Europe, I just don't believe in the EU in it's current form.

Though on the other hand. I think the entire brexit campaign was based on pure lies and had no real base. Had everything been about the true facts I'm sure the result had been the opposite. And then after the referendum the people in the forefront of the campaign quits, suddenly they don't want to take responsibility for what they've done. That's really shitty.

CDsDontBurn likes this.
  11. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the rest of us that were pro-Brexit, we'll be fine.