Good program for a screen directly on the PC's case?

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Rayder, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

I have one of these Moncaso cases:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811280026&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-HTPC+%2f+Media+Center+Cases-_-N82E16811280026&gclid=CPKH4vimo7YCFfA-Mgod5xYAnQ

It is a 7" touchscreen. Currently, it uses iMON for that screen on the front of it. The program is ancient and isn't supported anymore and I never really liked it anyway. It shows news, weather, has touchscreen features for it's very lousy menu system, and will sometimes show titles for Windows Media files, but not for MPC. The rig is our Home Theater used to record and watch tv shows and movies. It's running Vista 32 Premium and is hooked up to a 70" Sharp Aquos.

To be honest, I don't really care about the touchscreen feature, I just want some program that can run there and tell me things like, the file being played, current time, volume level, maybe a kaleidoscope when music is playing, stuff like that. News and weather isn't important. Just make the screen useful for something when looked at from a distance (about 8 to 10 feet).

The iMON program it's using came with the case, and I updated it through the years to what it is now, which never seemed to add anything new or different.

Anyone know of a good program to replace iMON with?