Google plans pay service to rival PayPal-WSJ

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Iria, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Iria

Iria New Member

NEW YORK, June 17 (Reuters) - Google Inc. (GOOG.O: Quote, Profile, Research) this year plans to offer an electronic-payment service that could help the Internet-search company diversify its revenue and may heighten competition with eBay Inc.'s (EBAY.O: Quote, Profile, Research) PayPal unit, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.

Exact details of the search company's planned service are not known, the report said, but quoted people familiar with the matter as saying it could have similarities with PayPal, which allows consumers to pay for purchases on Web sites by funding electronic-payment accounts from their credit cards or checking accounts.

2. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

Great news, tired of paypal and the way they run their buisness.

Also google is a more international brand, making it easier to deposit money

3. Spyro124

Spyro124 New Member

Hmm?? Paypal not international enough?? I've used it for some time already and have transfered money between alot of ppl in different countries. Also i can't say that it was difficult depositing money.

Only thing i hope that will happen if google goes thru with this, that the percentages you pay to paypal will go down.

4. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

Google wil have an uphill battle consider most people what would use such a service use ebay.
    Also are a gareteed payment / refund if you fallow the buyer/seller protection policys. Google can't do that...

5. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

/wh
    I did not say they weren't international, but I believe Google are more spread out, also to the small parts of the world.