Google to IE Users: Try Firefox

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Iria, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Iria

Iria New Member

Source: BetaNews
    Google on Wednesday rolled out the first third-party advertisement on its traditionally spartan homepage -- a link to download Firefox with the Google Toolbar. The promotion appears underneath Google's search box and is currently visible only to Internet Explorer users.

The search engine's ties to Firefox are nothing new; the company has hired a number of the browser's developers and has begun paying affiliates $1 for each user they get to install Firefox with Google Toolbar. The Mozilla corporation behind Firefox also makes most of its revenues from a search partnership with Google.

2. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Yeah I saw that- now it is gone.

3. nForcer

nForcer Twice the fun!

Users to Google: We'll use what we choose, your authority means little in the decision.

I use FireFox when I boot to OSx86 but that's as far as I go. As a part-time webmaster, you have to test what your viewers are using but I refuse to be brainwashed into thinking it is the only one I should use. I believe the Germans tried that once..........

4. _ə_

_ə_ New Member

I thought Google was h4x0red by mad firefoxaganda-ists.

5. Dawnrazor

Dawnrazor New Member

Yes, Google recomending Firefox is just totally the same as Hitler's antics. :rolleyes:

Of course the fact you have an Intel graphic for an avatar makes you every bit as "guilty" as Google