Gothic 3

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Neshi, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

well.. its almost coming out and as i suspect nobody knows it does. But i think it deserves some attention. Its somewhat like Oblivion but larger i think (75 square kilometers of land to explore)
    and the story of the game goes like this:

With invading Orcs enslaving the human kingdom, only a handful of rebels remain hiding in the forests and mountains of Midland. Choose between joining the rebellion or serve the Orcish Usurpers, but you will ultimately tip the scales and decide the outcome of the last war to save humanity.

Will you be the king who saved humankind, a god to the conquering orcs, or merely the stranger who opted out?

Gothic III provides a living world where the players can freely choose the way they want to play; whether exploring the world and enjoying its rich and enchanted atmosphere or following a darker path, and even ultimately destroying it. Every choice and action the player makes will directly echo and affect the world of Gothic, creating a life-like environment and allowing for complex character interaction.

some cool thing i found:
    The living world, which now boasts 1000 unique characters doesn't just mean you can't buy stuff at night because the shopkeepers are asleep. It also means that your reputation will have meaningful implication in the game world. A.I. henchmen will hear about what you've done and might refuse to help you based on your past exploits. Some cities will be openly hostile. By way of example, a situation where you might need to get into an orc city, but if you've been helping the humans, the orcs might not be kindly disposed to you walking into their city. You can, of course, fight or sneak your way in. Or you could free enslaved humans to help you fight. Or you can approach a T Rex, apparently unsure of its place in the food chain, calmly grazing in a field. You could lead a bunch of T Rexes into the city to scare the orcs. "They hate that. The orcs hate T. Rexes, so they'll run out of the city,"

The graphics engine, which is describes as 90% new, should be able to support much larger fights, with as many as twenty combatants on either side. The terrain looks good, featuring lots of individual blades of grass and detailed animals, like rhinos, prehistoric birds, and apparently herbivorous T. Rexes.

a screenshot:
    [​IMG]

2. Alien1

Alien1 Banned

Lord of the Rings meets Jurassic Park

T-Rex with Orcs :hmm:
    and Pterodactylous with Elfs :hmm:

Anyway these game sounds good but i have to see it to make a final judgement
    I did not liked Gothic 1 and 2 so much

3. Neshi

havent played those.. but at what i read, it sounds good. every action has a reaction etc. I just hope its better then the action->reaction then Fable...
    well, for me too... first play it before i make my final judgement. But i liked what i read.
    and why not: T-rex with orcs and the ptero-thing with elfs.. its fantasy... :lol:

4. Alien1

Alien1 Banned

It just sounds odd

5. Neshi

hehe.. yea.. it does. I have to see how it works out, but its something else again..