Greed or Compassion

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by TJ-, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Xx#1BallerxX

Xx#1BallerxX Driver Heaven's MVP

Yeah, I think that this is horrible, but compared to the many people that starve each year, this is a very, very small number.

2. TJ-

TJ- New Member

yes, its like the media need a scapegoat because they are used to reporting the same old stories about terrorism and since this came along, its like media masterbation, they just cant get enough. I wonder how many reporters are donating money.... they keep telling us to , and it ends up being the poor people that do, rich cunts are sitting in their houses on thier leather couches watching their big screen plasmas sippen' $1000 bottles of wine....makes me sick!!!..... personally i will never donate anything cause in the end the big companies will profit and the victems wont get anything.....

3. ToshiroOC

ToshiroOC Unbiased.

To put this in perspective, the bombing of Hiroshima cost ~140,000 lives, meaning that this tsunami has caused more death than the first atomic bombing. It is true that many more die of starvation in other parts of the world, but by no means makes this a relatively minor world issue.

edited for better numbers - but after looking into this, I can't find anything near consistent numbers for casualties in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, with the range being from a low 100,000 combined to a high 340,000 combined

4. violat3

violat3 New Member

spot on Warpy by far the most intelligent post on this thread :) :)

5. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

You must not live in the US or watch TV :D