Group programming project

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by blix9, Aug 29, 2005.

1. blix9

blix9 New Member

OK, I got into this class. Object Oreiented Design. Tomorrow, each of us is supposed to present an idea about an 2 month long 4 person group project. We will use Java. Some of us in the class probably have 2 semesters of C++ or Java and possibly some more. Rest might have much more experience. I am pretty sure that I am the least experienced in this class. It was just 2 semesters of programming assignments for me. Some guys in the class seems like die hardprogrammers who can't wait to show off what they can do.

At this point, I have no idea. It's more like I have no clue what kind of idea to present. I have no idea what a project like this should entail. Can you guys think of anything for me? Just decent idea I can throw in in front of class and not look stupid.
    Any comment is appreciated.

P. S. Hey, how about developing a media(music) player. You know, the one that plays music files like .mp3s or something like that. Of course, I have no idea how hard it is to make.

2. logos1

logos1 New Member

probably too late.. but what about a program that can compute the runtime complexity of a class? the first class i had on object oriented design was c++.. the 2nd time with it was for analysis of algorithms.. so im assumin thats what you're in too.?