GTA IV PC Discussion!

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by OmegaRED, Dec 1, 2008.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

You are not far wrong actually, especially the pirated copies.

As much as I know how painful it is to buy new hardware, the gaming industry is the most expensive sector of the computer industry and it really is a constantly evolving market. So while I feel the pain of kids on a budget, bear in mind that the X360 struggled at times to run the game with lower resolution textures, draw distance etc at an interlaced 1280/720p. It also didnt have an OS running under it.

After testing this game for 10 days on a variety of systems I actually feel it is a great indication of a game getting the most out of high end hardware. Even more so than Crysis which didn't require a hefty CPU. If this is seen as a bad thing, then its a shame in a way because if you have the right hardware I haven't actually seen anything quite as impressive when it runs at 2560x1600 with everything maxed (skulltrail & 280 GTX). When SLI support hits it should be even sweeter.

2. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

I would go as far as to say SLI support should make 50% of the complaints go away. Gamers who waited for the PC version probably did so because they wanted to experience the game in high quality and it's likely dual 9800GT/8800GTS/GT setups (which are very cheap these days) will provide higher framerates and especially higher minimum framerates. Like you said, the CPU/Ram will still be the major limiting factor but SLI has got to make a huge dent...odd that the supposed "GTAIV driver" that Nvidia released didn't have SLI support.

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I wonder if they will enable AA at some point and why the game doesn't allow it.

4. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Maybe thery will release a patch for this in the "future" when the rigs are enable enough to handle the game with such setting.

Trusteft likes this.
  5. dawgXdenta

dawgXdenta Well-Known Member

:tears:damn me want skulltrail, Except with tha crossfireX:tears:

6. Zebra_204

Zebra_204 New Member

The game is so CPU dependent I wouldn't be surprised if AA had little to no impact on performance.

7. HardwareHeaven

8. dawgXdenta

9. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

yup its deffo the CPU but at the moment an upgrade is just out of the question PC upgrades have to take a massive backseat to a rapidly growing 7 year old who needs new shoes , trousers, clothes, Karate kit Rugby kit ,stuff for school money for trips etc etc etc (and wants everything inthe word ever for christmas) and unfortunatly the wife has just had the car totalled by a guy who rearended the car so a new car is also in the works ......... ahhh crap :(

funny though how quickly 2 gig of ram and a dual core 3 gig chip become dated only 2 years ago high end game specs were half that :)

10. dawgXdenta

dawgX whistles. Is that what I'm looking forward to. That kinda stuff would make me want to break up and be a bachelor LOL

11. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

It is m8 they take over everything .. saying that though i would not change it for the world my son has given me more than i ever thought possible being a dad has been beyond awesome i love doing things for him spending the cash on him etc

sad as it sounds if he is happy then i am happy .............................. but the pc upgrades suffer as a result :)

but honestly i dont care being a dad ( and a good one i my opinion) is better in the long run :)

Calliers likes this.
  12. dawgXdenta

AGREED:). Better have a good dad than a kid with child abandonment issues like some of us. :( -> :duh:

13. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Agreed, but back to the topic at hand: stealing cars, killing hookers, and joining the mob...

14. BIG_FREAK

BIG_FREAK New Member

So I have this for PS3 and have beat it. is it worth getting for the Multiplayer on PC as it looks like it has a few bugs.

Even after the first patch.

15. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

If you have a monster PC then sure but otherwise I'm guessing the steep hardware specs have limited the amount of online PC players and the PS3 would have more populated servers (just a guess, haven't even tried PC multi yet).

16. dawgXdenta

I think we will have to wait for the hardware to catch up to the demands of the game before we can happily play it online or via lan

17. sterben

sterben New Member

Better coding is lacking? Ports are not that hard to do to the PC but come on.

comp_ali likes this.
  18. HardwareHeaven

There is hardware already available that lets you play the game.

Quad core CPU, a lot of ram and a high end GFX. Haven't we been over this already? :confused:

19. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Tottaly agree , look at GTA SA runs smoothly on low end rigs in its time and still pretty though. ( I know it is not that good but for the requirements it a cut edge)

Mafia 1 also had decent graphics with great gameplay no bugs or glitches and works on almost all systems

20. dawgXdenta

Oops sorry my bad I meant till I can afford my next rig. which will be in a year or two. By then the Radeon 5000/(6000) series (if it ever comes to that) will be standard and nvidia will have their next gen up. Quad cores will be cheaper and the i7s and whatever AMD has rolling off the red carpet of processor montstrocities will be (hopefully) snarling like a mean monster from hell. Yep by then this game will be a breeze for the hardware. Thats what I meant to say.