gts 450 problem...

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by Ishank, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Ishank

Ishank New Member

guys i have a gts 450 overclocked from about 1.5 years to 990mhz on core and 2150 on memory with core voltage of 1.100v....it ranned fine since yesterday..while playing games i saw that games begin to lag too much and my clock speed was reduced to idle profile .. i mean that my clock speeds were 51mhz on core and 135mhz on ram....voltage was 0.095.......so i just restart my computer and again my gpu worked very well..but today morning my father was doing his work...in 2-3 hours he had completed his work so i get on pc to play game.....then i saw that the clock speed of core was just 8 mhz.....then i again restart my pc and till now every thing is working fine.....i am on windows 7 64 bit...all latest drivers are installed and i use msi afterburner for overclocking and monitering speeds in games..now i am on factory clocks and my card never reached above 82c after hours of gaming which is not a very high temp
    PLEASE HELP:confused::confused:
    I think that my card is going to be dead soon:tears: but it is still in warrenty:D

2. Transk53

Transk53 New Member

Have you checked whether you may have a intermittent fault with the card fan?

3. Ishank

Ishank New Member

My fan is running well and i can control it too.......

4. Ishank

Ishank New Member

Problem is solved now i have done nothing.....played battlefield 3 for few minutes .....max card temp was 74c on default clocks and fan at 100%.

5. Transk53

Transk53 New Member

As outside chance, check your PSU rails.

6. Ishank

Ishank New Member

what is that??

7. Transk53

Transk53 New Member

It probably is the card, but do a PSU test just in case the power delivery is unstable on the 12 volt rail.