Guide: How to install SoundBlaster Audigy 2ZS drivers on Live!/Audigy/Audigy 2

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by BiGBrOwNPimpsta, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XibaD

XibaD New Member

Hi you all!

I'm new in posting into this forum, but I have been reading it for a long time.
    I have some questions that I hoped classic_leon could answer me (or someone else).

First, I have a SbLive! Value and I have installed YouP-PAX-VI-ULTRA with Live-NewYear soft (because today it's the only package that supports this drivers). I have no EAX presets and the EAX sound in games like UT2003 sounds poppy and cracky (sorry of my english). What is the problem with this drivers? How to fix it? There will be any future releases of YouP for SbLive! CT4380 users? And what can you say me about the software?

I read that the advantages of YouP in live CT4380 are de DOLBY DIGITAL EX decode in WinDVD6. And in other DVD playback soft? Are there any more advantages over the official ones with this model of Live!? And how about improvements on EAX? Do I have any more than EAX 2.0?

Well, I beg you answer me soon. Thanks a lot!

(For I'm Spanish, I don't know Chinese, I don't read in Chinese, I don't understand Chinese, that's why I ask so much)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2004
  2. Nforce2XP

Nforce2XP New Member

:rolleyes: hum no sabia que el otro driver funsionara con el software del new year amigo pero si lei que estan tratando de modiar el driver de las audigy 4 creo,pero bueno lee un poco y te daras cuenta cual es, feliz navidad amigo espero que no nos baneen de aca por hablar espanol,te leo luego si ;)

3. XibaD

XibaD New Member

ThankX Nforce2XP :D

Well, yes I heard something about that, but classic_leon says it's not recommended to install that drivers (the Audigy4 modified ones) in the Value card, so I'm waiting for another PaX release in wich the EAX noise is fixed (or some soft in wich EAX works better, nevermind).

But I'm still waiting for classic_leon to answer me (If he wants) all the bunch of questions I asked before.

>>No pasa nada Nforce2XP, prefiero no arriesgarme a hablar español, además no sería justo para el resto. Si quieres, mándame privados en cristiano. Hasta luego amigo :D<<

Sorry for the spanish text. I won't do it again :(

Merry Christmas for you all!!! >>Feliz Navidad!!!<<

Bye ;)

P.D. : where are you from Nforce2XP?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2004
  4. krvolok

krvolok New Member

Hi!

OK, I have some questions about these drivers... I'll make them simple enough... [​IMG]

1. Will I be able to set the rear (black) output as the 1st one like in the KX drivers?

So... I have SB Audigy (1) - which driver updates should I download, for Audigy or Audigy 2ZS?
    I find this myself kind of a stupid (or rhetorical, if you will :p) question but I don't want to fuck up anything.

Regards, KrVoLoK

*EDIT*

And for everyone out there that is having DL speed probs, use DAP as mentioned in the guide. It really speeds up things. [​IMG]

Screenshot.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2004
  5. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

1. No

2. A2ZS

6. krvolok

krvolok New Member

I bid thee thanks. :)

7. makih

makih Member

Very nice, everything sounds so clear. :)

8. krvolok

krvolok New Member

Huh, everything works perfectly with my Audigy... flawless, clear and powerful sound. :drool:
    All hail Solid Snake! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. ShyGuy91284

ShyGuy91284 New Member

I'm a bit lost as to everything this "driver upgrade" does. I've got an Audigy LS, and want an Audigy ZS to support the Gigaworks S750 I've got. Will it allow me to use all 7.1 of my speakers discretely in games, or will it still be left as 5.1 with the speakers handling the upmixing to 7.1?

10. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

here is another TEMPORARY link for the drivers cd, not a very fast one but its the WHOLE ISO

ftp://audigy:2zs@martimeus.serveftp.net

i did not post it in the guide since i prolly forget to edit it lol

oh and thanks to swipy for the hosting, even though its not fast he is hosting it. you should get about 8-12kbps for the download i think.

PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN SHARE THIS FILE, PLEASE DO MSG ME!

11. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

ShyGuy91284 i don;t think the audigy LS will work, its nto a true audigy card. and if the card itself is only 5.1, then you will only gt 5.1 sound from it, no matter what drivers

12. swipy

swipy Extraordinary

13. XibaD

XibaD New Member

Please, if someone can answer me... I asked some posts before...

Wich is the real benefit of installing the PaX drivers or the audigy modded ones in a SB Live! Value??? :confused:

14. swipy

swipy Extraordinary

no big ones...maybe better sound quality..but nothing else really...

15. swipy

swipy Extraordinary

16. DreadLord

DreadLord New Member

@Solid Snake

Okay I have an Audigy 2....
    I did this modding and it seems to work well (although I dont notice much difference except the new SOftware)
    but I have one question:
    A friend of mine has real a Audigy 2 ZS and he told me that in the Device Manager the Soundcard is called "SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM)"
    but although I did this modding I still just see "SB Audigy 2 (WDM)"....

IS this a sign that it haven´t worked in my case or does your Device MAnager also just display "SB Audigy 2 (WDM)" - if so - why is it?

17. iRon(V)oNKeY

iRon(V)oNKeY New Member

You can't change the actual soundcard name in Device Manager, because you STILL have your original soundcard. This mod ONLY changes the software/ drivers that you can use, DreadLord. Hope that helps. :p

* Does anyone know of a place where there is faster download speeds? I tried Bittorent, all the posted links etc... but at 2.2 KB/sec, it'll take me a whole day to download the ISO. :tears:

18. classic_leon

classic_leon Well-Known Member

With PAX drivers, SBLive5.1(I don't know how good SB value work or not) does not only get that, but also the "things" I can't tell. Creative will send lawsuit-letter if your cards really works like these "things".

19. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

it works, same thing happened on my audigy 1 to audigy 2 when i modded it. the bios on the soundcard hasnt changed, we are simply allowing setup to bypass the soundcard check. creative can easily unify their driver pack like nvidia and ATI, but they love to give us 20 downloads and different mixers for all cards WHEN MOST ARE CAPABLE OF DOING MANY OF THE SAME SOFTWARE OPTIONS. very stupid

save money with my guide! you will see a diff, use the EQ on top of CMSS. and there is supposedly lower CPU usage from what i read

20. DreadLord

DreadLord New Member

SO what you can see in the DM doesn´t depend on the drivers but on the soundcards bios?
    You own an Audigy 2 and did this modding - so it is the same in your DM?

2.Another Questions: This strange codes like D000 behind the AUdigy Name are always different? What doe they mean?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.