Guide: How to install SoundBlaster Audigy 2ZS drivers on Live!/Audigy/Audigy 2

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by BiGBrOwNPimpsta, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

1. here is what is happening to my driver

[​IMG]

as you can see, i am able to use THX console (part of the ZS drivers) and it says audigy 2. this is simply a driver mod, it will not flash your bios so your card will be completely different as the hardware is still the same. there is SOME benefit with the audigy 2 zs in overall sound quality since it's a better chip, but the options available for the most part work on other cards which help boost sound quality.

2. i don't know, but someone else like eugene gavilroy or dj_stick know this stuff better than me

2. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

the hex coding at the end is just the irq or pci addressing, it will change each time you move the card to a different slot, its notthing to worry about

3. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

thank you stick boy ;)

4. ATT

ATT New Member

Surround Stereo

Well,I installed all the drivers and updates for ZS on my Audigy 2 Platinum eX on Windows Server 2003 and after going through some problems everything's working perfect now(also on win XP).Thanks guys:)The big problem was with DTS Neo6...

But have you got any idea why there's no "SURROUND STEREO" in CMSS tab in EAX Console(2.00.15)?Only CMSS and CMSS 2 appear...

5. Blackboost

Blackboost -=[DHzer0point Author]=-

Hi guys!

I was wondering if there's another link to get the CD (and patches if possible) from? I tried the ftp's posted above but luck wasn't by my side. :(

6. stormy13

stormy13 New Member

I never could get the download links in this thread to work, but I did find this site,

http://www.tech-pc.co.uk/audigy-2.php

Followed all the instructions, and everything worked no problem.

7. Blackboost

Blackboost -=[DHzer0point Author]=-

Do you know if it's the same suite (software)?

8. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

this is the AUDIGY 2 software, not the AUDIGY 2 ZS

they made that guide after my first one back in the day

9. Shamanix84

Shamanix84 New Member

Which of these drivers are best?:

Original Audigy Driver (at least i can update to newest ver.)
    Audigy 2 ZS Driver
    KX Driver (http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  10. RvC-Kenny

RvC-Kenny New Member

kX is the best u can get! still no eax because creative wont give the licence away but the bass and sound is just much better! i'm not a musician but i play games and listen to music and dvd and all people who say kX suxx because the lack of eax havent tried or configured them right.
    when i had surround speakers long time ago eax ruled kX but now with my 5.1 i dont feel like playing BFV but beeing there!

11. Shamanix84

Shamanix84 New Member

Thanks for the answer :). Does anyone else have some experience?

12. awan

awan New Member

Sorry about my english coz i'm indonesian. How to use ctcomp.exe on an original version of audigy 2zs Installation and applications CD ? Is this possible to do it? Help me please coz my connection transfer rates is very slow (about 42 kbps) and i have to pay it 1 dollars for 1 hour. So I think it's very expensive to download 360 MB of files

13. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

kX is better for editing and stuff

for all around and dvd and gaming drivers from creative are best (audigy 2 zs just has more benefits)

and now classic leon has posted the audigy 4 drivers which i may give a try later

14. hvico

hvico New Member

As good as it gets...

Excelent guide! Works great with my Audigy 1 Platinum. After installing every patch available from Creative today (01/27/05) I needed to run EQ Patch again, but after that everithing worked fine.

Many thanks,

:taste:

15. Darth Valium

Darth Valium New Member

it seems that my versions of the sblive 5.1, sb220, isn't supported by ctcomp.exe, and, unlucky as i am, i didnt find the correct id for a manual edit of the ctcomp.dat.

ive also downloaded a bunch of driver updates for sblive 5.1 series, to lookup the id there, but still no sucess. :wtf:

does anyone here have a clue, what's the id for modell sb220 is?

16. XibaD

XibaD New Member

I neither could make my SBLive Value work with this guide. My model is the CT4830

17. Jekk

Jekk New Member

i have an audigy1 and now works it. i have needet 3hours with all the errors and problems, but now is all o.k. only one problem is still

musik all 5 speakers work

game only front ist working ???

what must i do? sorry for my bad english

jekk

18. mercurysquad

mercurysquad New Member

I'm a musician and the kX drivers appeared too good to be true at first. However, I make MIDI files and use the SB Live!'s MIDI synths a lot. I was disappointed to find that kX's MIDI implementation, being so impressive, was ruined by its velocity/volume/expression change formulas. They don't respond the same way Creative's (or almost any other MIDI synths) do. This problem has persisted for years and the team tried once but it hasn't been fixed as yet. So I found all my existing MIDI files sound like porridge - even the ones I composed myself on Creative drivers.

I posted on their forum once, to see if I could get a copy of the MIDI synth's sourcecode and try to find/experiment and fix the code (I thought the team was busy with other issues - like audigy4 support, eax, spdif or whatever). Amazingly, my post was deleted without so much as a warning.

I've vowed never to install kX ever again.

There's another opensource program I use a lot - SharpDevelop. Its developers are friendly, and listen to whatever criticism comes their way. But kX team seems to have become arrogant (?).... and now I know I'm going to get banned from DriverHeaven......

19. Xorxhs

Xorxhs New Member

I have 2 questions if anyone can answer these i would be greatfull.
    Ihave an audigy2(simple) card with creative 5.1 inspire5900 speakers.

1)If i will use the drivers/applications of a ZS ,are there any disadvantages?(bass boost is disabled on 5.1/6.1 modes?)

2)Now that there is a new package of audigy4 drivers/applications,shall i use this new one?

Thanks in advance

20. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

i haven't yet tried the audigy 4 drivers since the guide isnt really so organized as mine (not boasting or anything hehe) and i didn't understand wtf was going on. since the audigy 2 and audigy 2 zs are so close in nature i have not seen any setbacks by installing these drivers, I have gotten more options and better quality and even resolved some issues with the game metal gear solid 2:substance. but the audigy 4 drivers may have some more benefits over this so i really don't know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.