Guide: How to install SoundBlaster Audigy 2ZS drivers on Live!/Audigy/Audigy 2

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by BiGBrOwNPimpsta, May 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xorxhs

Xorxhs New Member

I have installed the drivers as you said in your step-by-step instructions,but
    1)when i try to load the EAX console it says that

Exception CXreate object Exception Factory not found message,Invalid factory in create object,dtsneo6setting

Do u have any suggestions?
    2)Also when i calibrate the noise to my woofer then siunds comes out together from both center and subwoofer(is this normal?)

3)Also i cant use the Bass Boost option(why?)

Please reply....
    Thanks in advance

2. nathanaelb

nathanaelb New Member

Hi
    I'm having a go at upgrading my Audigy 2 Value to a ZS (I understand it may not work as the Value isn't a 'proper' Audigy card?). I've got as far as the step where you have to edit ctcomp.dat so that the ZS drivers won't give the "card not found" error. The problem is that I don't know where to find the ID list of my card, such as ID = 02000051, 02000052, etc.

I reinstalled the original drivers to check in Device Manager, on the Creative SB Audigy 2 (WDM) device properties for this ID string, but can't find it.

Thanks,
    Nathanael

3. blast

blast New Member

Here is a nice article to go along with this thread for people using a SBLive.;)

http://www.oc-service.com/art/a/258/8.htmlhttp

I made a custom install cd for my SBLive Value #CT4780 that works perfect. I have never done it before, but maybe I could make it into a torrent and upload it somewhere. It's 407MB with all the language files.:eek:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  4. TambourineMan

TambourineMan New Member

What Audigy (1) Platinum apps or features are not supported in the Audigy 2Zs drivers? That is, I know I gain the latest drivers and maybe some features, but what do I lose?

5. tanojo

tanojo New Member

Hi Guys!

I'm using Audigy 1. I've downloaded the .ISO file (by the link provided in the first page) and I can't extract these files,

SETUP.EXE
    AUTORUN.INF
    DISK.ID
    SETUP.INI

can somebody here send me these files? Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Henry

Also for Jekk, what errors and problems do you get during the instalation process? We're using the same Audigy 1.

Thank you too!!!

6. Boymmx

Boymmx New Member

will it be some driver version that will work with audigy2 value? Or there is some trick how to make them work with it? :confused: :confused:

Thanks.

7. DBdexter

DBdexter New Member

I have Audigy2 value and all are working great.

8. eleterno1

eleterno1 New Member

Oh my god, what a great sound!!
    the new pax drivers 3.89 are great!!, without needing a mic pre-amp for my mic, i can record from it very clear!!it doesn't distort, i have and audigy 2 zs.

the only problem is support for gigastudio, but the rest are awesome, one of the greates drivers ui ever seem, kx and upax looks like, ati-vs-nvidia jejeje. thanks!!

9. Boymmx

Boymmx New Member

really???? :confused: i have tryed to install many times and all the time something was wrong. I thought audigy2 value uses a little bit different version of the chip than audigy2zs or audigy2 uses. And what driver instalation instruction have you used? That one in the first page of this thread? I heard that compactability patch should be transformed somehow to make audigy2zs drivers work. Have you done something like that?

Thanks..

10. Boymmx

Boymmx New Member

Hey, anybody knows how to install drivers for audigy2 value?????

Thanks.

11. |oR|ElGuapo

|oR|ElGuapo New Member

How do I access teh Graphic EQ as I see no buttons or way to access it other than the Control Panel tab?

:confused:

12. orionbg

orionbg New Member

Can someone provide a newer Driver Disc? Some days ago I saw a disk that was much newer than the ISO. It had NEO6.1 Console and some other things! I couldn't copy then and now I'm really sory for it! Someone have it?

13. Didilo

Didilo New Member

I've run the EQ patch but the same aplications that didn't work before are still not working (EAX Console, Speaker definitions, Graphic EQ and Surround Mixer)! I wanna use the Surround Mixer at least. What can I do to get it working? I have a Live! 5.1 SB0100.

14. WhyPay87

WhyPay87 New Member

.06 KB/Sec

Hmm, yeah so I just reformatted and lost my Driver discs for for my A2ZS and when I try and download that ISO file the transfer usually hangs out at around .5 or .6 KB/Sec before stopping completely after about 2 or 3 hours. Does anyone have a link to a torrent of this file or could someone Email it to me? I would really like to avoid paying creative more money for new drivers when they should be available on their website. My computer has no sound and it's killing me, please help.

15. Boymmx

Boymmx New Member

this thread is already dead. I see only questions, but no answers !!!!

16. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

im hoping to pack upt he cd tonite and talk to someone about hosting it, keep your fingers crossed!

17. WhyPay87

WhyPay87 New Member

very cool, count them crossed

18. Didilo

Didilo New Member

Please, someone help me! I know there can be a way to do this! When I click just once on the mixer icon in the system tray, the single master volume control appears! But when I click it twice (to open the full surround mixer), it says there's no compatible hardware detected! What can I do?

19. John64

John64 New Member

well i have been trying this forever. I have an Audigy2 Value and CTComp doesnt work. I have tried to manually edit it, but i dont have the ID for the SB0400 SB Audigy2 Value card. Any suggestions?

20. aceflier

aceflier New Member

I am about to do a fresh install of winxp soon and am very intereste in this. Problem is this dload link for iso is 2.4kb/sec. Yuck! 77hours:duh: . So, if you can get someone to host this file or put a torrent up would be greatly apreciated.:cool:

To the guy above me read through the posts and you would know that value or LS is not going to work with this mod.

Cant wait to try this on my audigy 2 plat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.