**guide to volt mod your P4....EASY NO WIRES NEEDED**

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by janusz, Jul 14, 2002.

1. janusz

janusz Abit Staff

Hello agian DH....so you want more out of your P4, but your bios only goes to 1.85V. well this mod will get you to 2.2V BUT THIS IS STRONLY NOT ADVISED.

This little trick will take care of not having to do both. As you know the VID Pin Mod requires the connection of the VID puns located on the P4. This is done via the use of small thin wires twisted and gently wrapped around the pins. The pins needed to be done can be seen in the illistration below.
    [​IMG]

This method is again alright but it tends to worry ppl because the area they have to work in is very small and they are afraid of the possibility of breaking the pin.

Well lime I said, this method will do away with that worry all together because you don't even have to touch the CPU pins.

Here's how you go about it.

First you need a few items which are readily availible to everyone.

1 small straight pin
    1 small tipped fiber paint bruch (supplied with next item)
    1 jar of Rear Window Defogger Kit

[​IMG]
    You may want to use some alcohol afterwards to clean up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now what you need to do is locate the pin holes in the socket which corresponds to the VID Pins on the P4. (See pin below)

[​IMG]

Now with the fine tipped brush get some of the Rear Window Defogger Kit fluid onto the tip. Then simply put a bead of the fluid between the pin holes. Depending on how much you want your default vcore to be will depend on which pin hiles you will bridge with the fluid. After getting a good bead of fluid between the pins you wish to connect then clean your brush and then let the fluid dry for about a minute.

Then take the small staright pin and getly clean up and fluid that may seem like it has spread to far the side and look like it may touch any of the ajoining pin holes. Also gently poke the pin into each hole that you placed fluid into and plugged up the hole.(See pic below)
    [​IMG]

Once you have done that then you're done. Let the fluid finish drying before placing you cpu in. The pic below will show you what it should look like after you have finished.

[​IMG]

now that your done pop in your cpu and head into the bios...go and see your voltage readign..and now you have succesfully unlocked all voltage settings upto 2.2V!!!

tnx mr.n

2. Crodaccio

Crodaccio New Member

Something also for my P4 1.6A (Northwood)?
    I have no chance to change the voltage settings through my Mobo Bios (DFI does not enable it).
    The P4 is stable also around 1.9 Mhz only changing the FSB, but a littler faster and the thing clipped out. Need a little increase of voltage!!

Please help!

3. Silentst2000

Silentst2000 Can I be cool?

ouch my 1.6A does 2.4 at default voltage. :(

4. maxi

maxi New Member

IT7 and OC

janusz

do you know what the problem is with the IT7 and overclocking. Ex it's 100% stable at 160MHz FSB and can reboot and everything nicely... but if it's been shut down for a long time, say you sleep and turns on the PC... The BIOS beeps, with long beeps and to boot I need to reset the bios. :(

5. janusz

janusz Abit Staff

Re: IT7 and OC

is your ram set to 1:1?? happens to me to ..when i set cpu to fast for 133fsb p4's.....and 1:1 memory my system beeps after long shut down

6. maxi

maxi New Member

yes it is, I'll try playing with it, thanks :)

About the VMod on the socket, can I use (silly question) Artic Silver 3 :D

else I'll go for the wire solution :)

7. maxi

maxi New Member

silver doesn't seem to do it :p

8. Shrink

Shrink Recovering Beta Tester

Is this reversible?

I used the vidpin wrapping trick to get a max vcore of 1.85 and the default vcore is now 1.7. It was rather hair-raising to do, particularly after a couple of bent pins <g>.

Secondly, is it possible to implement this fix and still be able to get low VCores (e.g. 1.5) in addition to the higher vcore options?

Thanks for the post!

9. claw

claw New Member

I cant see the images, is there any other links to these?

10. Shrink

Re:

What browser are you using? I can see them here and don't use any internet cache with IE.

11. claw

claw New Member

Well i can see them now... :) I thought someone may have a fix but its not needed.
    Cheers Shrink for the help anyway.....

12. Crodaccio

Crodaccio New Member

Re:

:eek:How is it? The standard voltage is 1.42 - 1.45, or not?
    I wanna reach 1.55, but how to do?

13. Shrink

I'll try the questions again :)

Is this reversible?

I used the vidpin wrapping trick to get a max vcore of 1.85 and the default vcore is now 1.7. It was rather hair-raising to do, particularly after a couple of bent pins <g>.

Secondly, is it possible to implement this fix and still be able to get low VCores (e.g. 1.5) in addition to the higher vcore options?

Thanks for the post!