Half-Life 2 Episode 2 Delayed?

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Vikingod, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Source: Mega Games

Electronic Arts and Valve also announced the naming and product configurations The Black Box and The Orange Box.

The Black Box will ship for the PC, and includes Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Portal and Team Fortress 2. The Orange Box will ship for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 and includes all the content of The Black Box, plus the original Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode One.

2. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh %#"%&#"ยค"!!! KILL MURDER PLUNDER KILL!!

God damnit Valve, stop wanking off and get to work.

3. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

I wonder if 360 users will have to logon to Steam...

Man, I hate that system.

4. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

Steam has it's twists sometimes, but I actually quite like it know, it does works as a extra backup of your game, once you have activated it through steam.

5. ptsigas

ptsigas New Member

what valve has to do is fix the stutter issue with their game..yes ...i dont care about multithreading and particles and fancy stuff until this particular issue is dealt with. why couldnt it happen to doom? why half life? my favourite shooter? why? so delay it to 2020 i dont care- but just fix this issue...

6. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

Wow this is making Stalker look more appealing to me again.

7. DudeBoyz

DudeBoyz banned

Any shooter that I can play offline without having to mess with accessing the internet, I prefer.

Kinda like how old Windows games used to use redbook audio for their sound instead of copying the sound and music files over to the local hard drive. It would sorta "chug" when the CD was running and playing sound.

The Windows version of Lode Runner: The Legend Returns came in 2 editions. One that ran without redbook audio and run that ran with it, and the one that ran without it never chugged or paused or what not.

I'd just rather not have to worry about my game checking the internet unless I want it to. I don't want any downloads in the background that might sap resources, etc.

Historically, anyway, that's been my preference. Perhaps in these days of Dual Core CPU's and broadband, it may not be as big of a deal. But I tend to go with what I know, and that's one reason I'd rather not use a system like Steam, or enable auto-downloads in Windows Update, etc. I just don't want resources being pulled from tasks I'm doing at the time.

Processing video, audio, batch processing images, etc. Don't need anything interrupting that and possibly causing glitches and what not.

8. Drakon

Drakon New Member

I can wait :)

9. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

I'm waiting for the price to drop on Episode 1. When did that f*ckin game come out? No matter when, its due for a price drop, 20$ is still too much.