Halley's Comet: 1986

Discussion in 'Heavenly Visions & Echoes' started by Dyre Straits, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I'm sure a few of you may not have even been born yet. But, back in 1986, Halley's Comet paid a visit to our solar system. It does this about every 75 years. Prior to this, its previous visit was 1910. It won't be back again until 2061. I'll be long gone by then.

But, in 1986, I had been using a Chinon CP-7m computerized 35mm camera. I had invested in some nice lenses for this camera that I had purchased from Sears. Back then, one could only tell if the photos came out well after a trip to the local developing center to have the roll of film developed. I was quite pleased with the result.

Recently, I was going through some boxes of old photographs and came across these prints. And, in the envelope with the prints was also the negatives. My older son has a negative scanner. So, I loaned the negatives to him to see how well they had held up over all these years.

I'm posting the best of the lot. We did notice that the negatives had accumulated a bit of dust. They were cleaned as best as could be done without adding scratches to them.

If any of you live to 2061, be sure to be on the look out for this spectacular comet!

MoreDetail.jpg

IvanV, Tipstaff and Mr Cairo like this.
  2. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

I was 19 and missed it ad very much doubt I will see the next lap, funny how these once in a lifetime events come around and people end up thinking "do I really want to get out of bed" :). In my defence at the time I was working as a Chef and probably only averaging about 4-5 hours sleep a night.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  3. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Sweet photo, you can see it is from a time long past, and indeed it is a harbinger of a time to come. Here's to 2061!

Dyre Straits likes this.