Halo 2 breaks records with 1.5 million preorders

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Dom, Oct 19, 2004.

1. p0rChM0nK3y

p0rChM0nK3y New Member

Halo was by far the best game i have ever played on a console. (i still remember my cookie monster atari days) The game is hard to describe, the best way i can describe it is that you can easily lose yourself in the game. I dont know how many times me or my friends screamed at the top of our lungs on some 4 v 4 Hangem High CTF. No game I have played has even come close to the Halo multiplayer experience.

Saying Halo sucks because the PC version was a complete disaster is such an ignorant comment. I dont even know how to approach it. Basically, if you've played the Xbox version, then played the Halo PC version, you'd be playing 2 different games. They aren't even similar. Gearbox crapped out a piece of shit version just for money, when Bungie released the Best Console shooter ever.

2. @/2ct!<

@/2ct!< New Member

PC halo was plenty of fun, but I believe if another (better) company than gearbox had ported it, it would have had more success. (Just too darn slow) IMO, they tried to use the pc to emulate it or something, instead of just coding it specifically for PC. I can personally say that I have had as much, if not more, fun playing Day of Defeat as Halo. Microphones make the difference IMO, not necessarily playing together, ESPECIALLY when screen checkers can see where you are. When I used a mic for HALO online, I had a lot of fun. It would have been even more fun if it actually ran half as good as UT2k4, IMO one of the best performance/visuals combinations today. Oh, and a real LAN matches anything a HALO party can bring, man I cant wait for MS to combine PC and Xbox game code.....

3. bug77

bug77 New Member

In spite of people playing multiplayer games for like 15 years (or more?) now, actual multiplayer experience has not been invented until Micro$oft got into the game. Is that what you're saying?
    Doesn't this sound a lot like any new feature introduced in Windows? [​IMG]

4. Kyokyo

Kyokyo New Member

I just wanted to comment on your physics statement. If you did any research you would realize neither game has a physics engine. Physics back in those days would have caused massive lag.