Halo 2 officially gold (xbox)

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by MIG-31, Oct 11, 2004.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Microsoft Game Studios today announced that Halo® 2 for Xbox®, the most-anticipated video game of the year, has gone gold and will ship simultaneously over three days to 27 countries in eight languages. Halo 2 will be available on November 9 throughout North and South America, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. The sequel to the award-winning Halo: Combat Evolved, will be available in France, Belgium and Switzerland on November 10, as well as in Japan and the rest of Europe on November 11. Halo 2 is being localized in eight languages including English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (traditional), Spanish, French, German and Italian.

In Halo 2, the action picks up where the first game ended. Master Chief, with the help of a small group of marines, has destroyed the religious artifact and artificial world known as Halo, and is making his way back to Earth. Upon arrival, he and the last surviving Earth forces will mount a titanic final struggle against the marauding Covenant armada.

Pushing the Xbox hardware to its very limits, Halo 2 will expand on everything that made the original game great, plus add a wealth of technological and gameplay advances. Significantly improved graphics, enhanced artificial intelligence (AI), an advanced real-time lighting engine and destructible interactive environments are just a small part of Halo 2’s evolution of design and technology. Every improvement in Halo 2 is designed to take gameplay to a new level -- and in the end, to tell a more compelling story.

2. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

nice. now i just need them to relase a pc version.

3. Ev!L-aLphA

Ev!L-aLphA | n f e c t e D

yep release another #1 worlds most crappiest port LOL

4. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

you mean a pc game proted to xbox right becouse it's a pc game 1st :p

5. mainman

mainman Mr. Nobody

OMFG!!! I CAN WAIT GIMME NOW!!!!!:drool: :drool: :drool: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

6. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Console ports suck. Was the last Halo a pc game ported to Xbox too? I think Halo will always suck if they can't even make the game work with AA.... And I hope it doesn't run as bad as the last one.

7. dipstick

dipstick New Member

This game will be sweet and I'll finally have a reason to use Live. But man, if they deside to port this to PC they should let Starbreeze do the honors. Those guys gave us the best Xbox to PC port yet with Enclave and they're about to do it again with Riddick:)

8. p0rChM0nK3y

p0rChM0nK3y New Member

Gearbox (the morons that did the Halo pc port) blows, dont blame Halo or Bungie.

9. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Who's responsibility is it to do a port? The people who made the game should make sure the PC port doesn't blow- if I hire a guy to do a job for someone and he does a crappy job, it's my responsibility, not his. I'm just very unimpressed with many "ports" lately and not exited about this either. An FPS with a gamepad on a console is not my idea of fun either. Oh well, guess we will see soon.

10. kalx

kalx New Member

Hmm i thought halo used 2.0 shaders on the pc version or at least gave you the option ?
    if so how could have it been a straight port ?