Have been trouble shooting for days cant get game to work right.

Discussion in 'Driver Cleaner.NET Support' started by FTT05, Oct 7, 2007.

1. FTT05

FTT05 New Member

Aplogize in advance for the long post, but I am going to post what I have been posting on various tech help sites to give you an idea of whats going on.

From Steam Forums:

I have googled, searched forums, and used the steam trouble shooting tools for the past 4 hours and cannot get rid of these video issues.

Everything was working fine and then out of no where (I have not installed any new software or drivers before the problem had popped up) when I play DOD:S there are weird lines going across my screen, walls are glitched (Have lines going across them, but not the checker board that usually means missing textures).

I had looked for a flush command of some sorts to delete engine cache as that has helped in past with other games but got nothing.

I used this link to perform a test to see what possible problems might be

Answer

When I ran the test it came back that I was running xfire, had to open some ports up, update drivers (To version 91.47, but those are not newist drivers), and set mcafee to allow steam access.

I unistalled my new drivers (Just released version 163.71 WHQL) deleted the folder that they were installed in, download the version steam told me to, ran it, installed it, problem is still there.

I also opened up the ports it said to and set mcafee to let it run steam.exe and hl2.exe and it still was throwing errors at me (the diagnostic test that is, not game) saying that mcafee was not granting access but mcafee says it is.

The ports were working according to the test, however, I am still left with the game looking really weird, lines popping out off walls, just weird stuff. I have used xfire with DOD:S for months, it is where all my server favorites are (as the steam one deletes them every time I log off, I know there is a fix, but I have to many on xfire to port them over), and it has not given me any problems in any of my games.

I used this link to check direct x version

Answer

and it is current.

I also did everything this page said to as well as its sub links, and again, problem is still there.

Answer

Can some one please help, I just want to play my game, which I cannot unless I want it to look like a science center exhibit.

System Specs:

ASUS A8N Nforce 4 SLI mobo
    2 gigs ram
    XFX 7900 gtx 256mb ram
    AMD 3800 X2 CPU.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UPDATE: Have tried the following things to no avail, I wish someone could help all my games are gltiching up.

I am thinking its something do to with the driver, I am buying Driver Cleaner to see if that helps, seems like a good product, have read their forums seems solid. Xfire in my way way way to many hours of gaming has never game me any issues, I don't think its that.

Ok, thats the end of the post I made.

I read your instructions for your product and I did what they said.

I uninstalled the drivers, rebooted PC into safe mode on the admin account, made sure that no antivirus software was running and that the computer had no network/internet access, ran the driver cleaner, then cab cleaner, then re-booted.

I am still getting these video errors, I have not seen the glowing dots latly but the weird lines are still appearing, and more so now than before.

I do not want to post my registered email address on an open forum, but will gladly provide it to any admins that need it to help me.

2. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

I am not sure, but i have seen wierd things happening when a videocard is damaged or broken. Is it possible for you to try it with another videocard? because i think your card is the problem. Or do you know someone who can put your card in his system and test it?

3. FTT05

FTT05 New Member

No I do not unfortunately, I guess I am just going to have to bite the bullet for a while. Still glad I bought the product though, clean interface, easy to understand instructions, and it has many uses not just video cards.

4. Spike

Spike Driver Cleaner Maker

Thank you glad you like the program.