Have you ever been involved in an accident?

Discussion in 'Petrol Heads Forum' started by Calliers, Oct 25, 2012.

?

Have you been involed in an accident before?

1. Yes, just a minor fender bender

14 vote(s)
    60.9%
  2. Yes, a serious accident

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. No, never in my life

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

One of the reasons I would never own a bike is because of how dangerous the accidents can be. Otherwise they are really cool machines.

2. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

if I lived by that rule I would be dead now. Life has the most dangerous accidents ever!

3. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

If you have a look at my quotes (signature) you'll understand where I'm coming from. If life isn't lived as something to be enjoyed, but as something to be feared... can you still call it life? *somehow the edit button doesn't work*

4. Calliers

Well, you can make your life a tad safer by doing things like not riding a motor cycle and not sleeping around, etc. There are plenty of other ways to have fun in this life that pose less of a risk too. If you like bikes why not play a bike game for example. I know that wouldn't be as good as the real thing but it's a start. And I do agree we could die any time but that doesn't mean we should be reckless in how we live and increase those chances of death.

5. Transk53

Transk53 New Member

Like everthing in life, if you have even a semblance of control, you can build on that. Anyway, if you can ride a bike with skill, that goes some way to keeping one safe. I can ride with skill and the fact is, that TS one twenty five was not dangerous, I was. Sorry Callandor but I think you are being harsh on bikes here.

6. Calliers

The thing is I had a close relative of the family get injured in a bike accident when I was younger so ever since then I've had this view that bikes are too dangerous to ride.

7. sahara_mafia

sahara_mafia member

yesterday i ran through a red unknowing while comming to work
    it was the time in the morning there where the obstructs ur view to see which colour it is and the guy suddently breaked the only option i had going on in the slower lane and jump the lights so the the people do not hit me from the back
    i was lucky to mis the on comming traffic was just two arms away
    my was with me and she did not stop shouting at me

8. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I came very close to another "fender bender" the other night due to some female not following the rules of the green light! I was stopped at a red light and, when it turned green, I proceeded to go through the intersection.

But, coming from the opposite direction was a female wanting to make a left turn. As I started up, she flashed her bright lights at me and proceeded to cut me off while making her turn. We came just maybe 3 feet from colliding. I have no idea what made her think she had the "right of way" in this situation. But, the way she flashed her lights and hit the gas, makes me think she thought she was in the clear.

9. Calliers

Women drivers. *smh*

10. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

i absalutely hate it when there is a single straight through lane and a designated Right turning lane.

Then we have all these assholes that use the right turning lane to go around someone that is attempting to make a left turn.

However none of them seem to realize that A: what they are doing is ilegal, B: there is usually me or someone else on the OTHER side of the intersection attempting to make a left turn WHICH is deemed safe and propler if 2 people on opposite ends of the intersection are making left turns at the same time, C: they are :xing impatient assholes.

11. sahara_mafia

sahara_mafia member

don't talk about woman drivers
    the other day a lady on the outside lane changes lanes not seeing left and turns in my lane and avoiding the accident i went onto the foothpath

12. Calliers

I was implying that they are bad drivers, smh = shake my head.

13. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

This EXACT thing happened to me about an hour ago on my way to work.

14. Transk53

Transk53 New Member

Women drivers.. Yeah... On my pushbike they seem intent on killing me at junctions. Mind you though, I sometimes feel that many folks do not realise that when you ride a MC, you speed up and ride around a potential foxtrot uniform and not try to slow. My pov is that too many car drivers in the UK have it easy when passing the CDL test. Bikers have to put up with those fecking morons that think they are Senna. How the hell a typical 18 year old can own a Skyline on his parents insurance is just criminal in itself for example. Driving or riding these days is like a lottery on how much strife one can avoid or the opposite. Ride into the fire was supposed to be confined to shooting the crap out of something, not the everday commute.

15. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

Some years ago, I was drunk and borrowed a Kawasaki Ninja at a party to "tear up" the round about. I wrecked the bike, tore up a victory garden and dragged about a hundred feet of red plastic fence material all the way back to my house.

16. Calliers

Guess now you can look back on that story and laugh at it. :lol:

17. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I definitely tore up my clothes too, and lost both my shoes in the process. It took me three years to pay off the damage to the bike, I felt terrible, subsequently I do not drink at all now. Every now and then I have a little and do something really stupid.
    I did roll a 1972 Dodge Charger over a guard rail on the Mount Lemon Highway in Tucson AZ. I actually left the car there and walked the eleven or so miles back to a 7-11 to call my dad, who told me to "suck it up". I think its still there minus the rims.
    My only regret is that a friend travelling with me as a passenger was hurt and much later on we found that his neck vertebrae were broken and he required surgery.
    We were so drunk at the time we did not feel the pain but we sure did the following day.
    Wild Turkey and Jack Daniels.....uggggggh.
    NEVER AGAIN.

18. Calliers

The worst thing in accident is if you were driving and someone else got seriously hurt, it's very hard to live it down. I personally don't drink as much as I used to when I was younger, but not because of drunk driving (which I've done once before, was able to get home without hurting anyone, bumping into any police or wrecking my car though) but because when I drink the alcohol acts as a laxative and I feel like I want to go to the bathroom, very unpleasant feeling indeed.

19. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

The other day, one of my facebook friends posted a video of an accident that involved the SUV directly in front of the vehicle that was doing therecording. Needless to say, the person(s) in the SUV did not make it :(.