HDCP not Supported...all of a sudden

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Dyre Straits, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

UPDATED!!!
    For unknown reasons, the DP->HDMI 2.0 Adapter no longer allows me to play a Blu-Ray movie to the 4K HDTV! I've eliminated the adapter, and went with a straight HDMI->HDMI connection and there was no problem playing the movie.

Original Report below.....

Not only a month ago I was watching Blu-Ray movies without any problem on the current set up. But, now, after installing Windows 10 clean, AND, after updating all the appropriate software, I'm suddenly getting failures on these two items: Errors state....

HDTV is not HDCP compliant, and

AMD GPU is not HDCP compliant.

I have the latest 16.1 Hotfix drivers installed, and
    I'm using a DP->HDMI 2.0 adapter.

The only two things that have actually changed are:

Windows is newly-installed, and

AMD drivers are Hotfix drivers....not officially certified.

This is the report....

HDCP-Failure.JPG

EDIT: The Blu-Ray movie plays just fine on this system IF I choose to play it on my 24-inch Viewsonic monitor.

Either the ADAPTER/Cable is the culprit, OR, perhaps the HDMI INPUT on the TV is the wrong one to be connected to. I'll be checking that out next.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  2. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I'm not sure, but my first thought was some kind of DRM failure, followed by a driver issue of some other kind. Can you revert to the drivers you used the last time it was working? It might even be some Windows update.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Typically the blame is on the adapter.... considering the slew of adapters i've used..... it's not uncommon to see one work one day and the not the next for no apparent reason.

Short of that... Cyberlink PowerDVD for example... is a royal pile of shit and will bugger up with any given update with no fix.

I've actually had 2 bluray players that after updating, (which there is no reverting back on).... would refuse to play blurays it used to play fine, claiming the bluray player required an update.. and this is even from one samsung and another being lg.

There is a reason i've used ANYDVD HD for the last oh... 6 years.... i got fed up with the bullshit regarding the various DRMs and with that program.. hdcp and the various other levels of bluray protection are completely eliminated.... so now i can enjoy my blurays however i like whenever i like.. and even play them over VLC without a single hitch.