Help! ATI help!

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by Slovak, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Slovak

Slovak New Member

Well I have read and re-read the ATI how-to over at rage3d and have managed to fook up redhat9, mandrake, and now I am trying to NOT do it on LindowsOS 4.5. I cannot seem to get drivers installed and configured properly for my ATI 9800XT retail. Can someone help me? What is the proper way to install and configure for LindowsOS?, that a total nOOb to linux can do? I followed the ATI how-to step by step and still hosed two seperate distros. All was well with my old 8500, but since I got the 9800XT all is hell for me.
    I know the install and config procedure is different based on which linux distro one has, so what way is for Lindows?
    Anyone care to give a step by step that is easier for me to understand since I obviously couldn't figure it out by the ATI how-to over at rage3d?

2. Slovak

Slovak New Member

Anyone?

3. UberLord

UberLord A Legend in Underwear

Not sure if anyone here knows Lindows. I know for sure that I don't!

But the install process should be the same as for any Linux distro really.

4. Gh0st3d

Gh0st3d New Member

Please tell us what you have attempted so that we don't suggest things that you have already done. The only thing that I can guess at is that you may not have the kernel souce code to compile the driver with, but like I said this is just a guess tell us exactly what you have done and I will try and help you with your problem...

5. DocterDee

DocterDee New Member

welcome in our ATI Linux Hell...