Help save Enterprise...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Stuart_Davidson, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Stuart_Davidson

Stuart_Davidson Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Just wanted to draw your attention to the site : http://www.trekunited.com

Its the main site for the Campaign to save Enterprise. I'm sure they would appreciate any support you can give. (As would I, Enterprise is my favourite show. :cool: )

Stu

2. Danhill

Danhill New Member

Well I hope it would make a difference.

3. HawK

HawK Banned

Would rather shoot it, Staroldcr@ptrek, i'd rather trek on something else.. :D

4. Stuart_Davidson

Lets not start beating the show after its down, if you want to donate... great. If not, then move on :)

5. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

How much are they looking for to fund the entire season? Let's hope Bill Gates is a fan :)

6. Stuart_Davidson

I think the correct term is "a lot"...

But i can see how its do-able. Since i've been watching/donated it the total has risen at about $1000 per hour so thats pretty cool. I wouldnt be surprised though if it gets to a reasonable total (e.g. $1m and the TV studios start to consider airing it again) Shall be interesting to watch for sure.

7. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I think it was a quality show, too bad the network it was on and the time-slot killed it. It's better than 90% of the crud on TV.

8. Danhill

Danhill New Member

36 millions I think.

9. HawK

HawK Banned

Who say this isn't a clever scam, donating to see 10min. and 10mins advertising no way!!
    But your your short sentence really sums up what DH has become in this last year..
    rule 1) If you have an opinion keep it to yourself...
    rule 2) If you want to suck up please do so..
    rule 3) agree with us or else..
    rule 4) We are always right and we are Always right, no discussion possible

Don't wanne be part of this anymore, please remove my account

10. Asmoday

Asmoday Demonic

Wtf.. :wtf:

If you don't want to be a part of DH anymore just don't visit the site....

11. Stuart_Davidson

I didnt ask you to keep your opinion to yourself, i asked that you move on from this thread rather than go off topic and start aiming insults at the show. If you want to start your own thread on how good/bad you feel enterprise is then feel free.

Anyway, lets get back on topic... dontations and saving Enterprise...

12. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Enteprise is a good show, I hope that there project is able to save it. Like BWX said, the time slot nullified it, just like Futurama, but it was a bloomin good show otherwise. :)

13. HawK

HawK Banned

It said discuss in your news thread, so i did but there's no other discussion possible than say ai, i'll love it and wanne waste my money, which I don't agree with and feel I do have the right to say so in this thread..
    So Please honer my request.. and remove me and/or my account.

@Asmoday; thanks for proofing point 2 much clearer.

14. Asmoday

Asmoday Demonic

What is wrong with you man? Have i missed something here? I don't think i've been sucking up to ANY one on this forum. And if you think i've done that, please let me know when i supposedly have done so. And if you consider not bashing people to the left and the right being sucking up, you have some serious issues dude.
    You're obviously not to happy with DH atm, as i said earlier in this post i might have missed something.

Back on topic: I'm sorry to see the show go off the air, but i won't miss it enough to donate money to it.

15. crapman777

crapman777 New Member

Well i read in a magazine that Star Trek needs a short rest from television and i agree. Fans and those that may be even slightly interested should be starved of star trek for two maybe three years, that would in my opinion give people something to look forward to instead of being saturated year after year. VOYAGER was a major pain and failure. Enterprise has a lot of potential but this business with time travel needs to be scrapped because the series has been too focussed on it. VoYAGER made the mistake of relying on the BORG for ratings, Enterprise needs to go back to season one.

Of course this is only my opinion. I love Star trek but i also want it to survive and prosper. Any criticism is welcome.

16. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I always liked the deep story lines- they were always interesting. I think "Trekkie's" are nuts. But I always thought that start trek was a cool Sci-fi show..

I started watching voyager after playing the FPS game. Some of them were cool- but the spin-offs like deep space nine sucked donkey balls. never watched them..

The Movies were pretty good too, and the original was, well, the original and was very cool and ground-breaking for it's time.

I don't watch that many fictional TV shows anyway.

17. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

If I could afford even the $12 or so, I would gladly donate, but I can't. I hope that the show does continue somehow. Though the show has problems and messes with the star trek world in some parts, it is still a good show on its own. It is my second favourite Star Trek show, after TNG, though by far. I am surprised that each episode costs about 1.6 mil only. Other shows which are much worse and not much to look at cost more. I don't know why the ratings are low in the USA. Perhaps wrong time/day or something.
    One good thing if it isn't saved with this campaign is that it might (my hope and nothing more) come back after strong DVD sales? Just look at Family Guy. I think.
    Good luck guys!

18. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

Ill watch it flush down the toilet. Good luck to you guys though, my money will go to my graduation party

19. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

He is not happy with the site since I reprimanded him for blatantly insulting Mike2h in a congratulatory thread when he became a gold member. I think his bitterness revolves around this fact and whatever other issues are in his head, and the fact he isnt getting special treatment for being aggressively rude on the forums, why should he?

Anyway, this thread has been crapped on enough, and ill oblige hawks request to "leave the site" - he has nothing to contribute anyway.

20. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Thats the same views as my own man.