Help! What video card to use?!

Discussion in 'General Graphics Cards Discussion' started by rms4, Nov 10, 2008.

1. rms4

rms4 New Member

I purchased a dell inspiron 1521 a little over a year ago. I can already tell its slowing down on me. Especially now when my brother decided to download World of Warcraft for gaming. So now my laptop is being used for gaming. Im not really sure what to purchase now... what video card? or gaming card idk what you call them, im not technical at all.
    So help please?

2. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Hi there and welcome to DriverHeaven!

Firstly laptops don't have replaceable parts so the best solution for the issue at hand would be buying a new desktop PC for gaming.

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

There are some laptops that in theory can have their graphics cards replaced, but they are very rare and I have yet to meet (even online) anyone who has actualy done it.

Dell laptops don't usualy support this and I seriously doubt the dell inspiron 1521 does, in fact I am pretty certain it doesn't. Even if it could (which it can't), the CPU is not powerful enough to handle/take advantage of anything more powerful.

If you want a more powerful laptop, you will have to buy a new one, and you might want to ask ahead before you buy it. Have in mind though, if you require a powerful in the graphics department, laptop, you will need to spend much more money.

Gaming laptops are very cool (not temperature wise) but unless you are on the move all the time between cities or countries, or just plain rich, there is no good reason to not buy a proper desktop PC for half the money of a gaming laptop that will be much faster too.

4. sterben

sterben New Member

ZOTAC 8600GT?
    That would be enough for high res and max graphics.

5. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

You didn't read the post, did you? :rofl: