Help with unistalling! And reinstalling an old driver!

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCI X-Fi Series' started by Luke76bg, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Luke76bg

Luke76bg New Member

So the new version of pax driver don't have decoder tab, thanks creative, but i need it, because silent hill 2 audio 5.1 doesn't work in latest driver, i can get only sound effect but not music from rears speakers, while in "games" mode i can get music from the rear speakers with 2013 driver. The last driver that have decoder tab is the 2014V 1.00 but i can't get to work 3d fake effect (i don't remember the name, something like crmss o whatever..), windows says me that something is wrong with that effect, so the rears speaker doesn't work at all. So i reverted to my old driver (january 2013) and i can't install because at the start of the installation a prompt window says that i have a new installation from a newer driver, and obviously don't install the driver. I tried everything, driver fusion, driver cleaner, i don't have anything creative related, i removed creative drivers in the driver store too...now i'm without any audio, please help me! And sorry for my english... :(

2. Luke76bg

Luke76bg New Member

ok with ctzapxx.exe i have finally reverted to my old driver. Now i really would like to get the january driver working :(

3. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Did you delete the creative in reg also and program folders? If you need help I hit you up with team viewer on Monday and add me on skype robertmc8 please let me know it's you I been getting to few sex bots lol. Anyway I can make it work for you it's better for me talked to you live so I know which sets is working then we can go from there :). Plus I just upgrade my internet speed to 30/5 yesterday :).

4. Luke76bg

Luke76bg New Member

Thanks Robert! You're so nice! Yes now i have clear how to erase everything, folders and reg entries. For now i'm on 2013 driver, for today i need a rest! Yesterday it was a pain, install, unistall, install, unistall, it was a nightmare!!! I don't want to bother you with this problem, i suppose i can fix it in some way. Tomorrow i will try again the last pax driver that have decode tab.I don't know why silent hill 2 lose music from rears speakers with other drivers that miss decoder tab, the strange thing is that only in game mode this works, in entertainment mode it doesn't, and i would like to use always entertaiments mode because i can change individually the volume for rears speakers, in game mode you can't. Anyway I will let you know if i will succeed to install correctly that driver, if don't i will accept gladly you help! Thanks for your wonderfull drivers anyway, i use them for years and they are perfect. ^^

P.s nice the sexy bots ahahahahah! :p

5. Luke76bg

Luke76bg New Member

oh i have a question about the full range speakers option on windows 7. I have a very old (2006) 5.1 creative speakers inspire T6060 and i don't know if i must enable this option or not. The sound is different with this enabled but i don't know if is better or not...but "seems" better in some way. I don't know how to explain!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014