Help with VR Vs PC config

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Mr Cairo, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

ok my niece has asked if her current PC is OK to run a VR setup (specifically the Occulus) for her daughter Who is autistic

TBH I just dont know enough and I know sje really doesnt need to be out of pocket on this

Essentially her daughter wants to use VR to play roblox ... this is the PC they have

Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 4600H Processor
    - Hexa-core
    - 3 GHz / 4 GHz
    - 8 MB cache
    RAM 8 GB DDR4 (3200 MHz)

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...Gnp-n3WnN30IlLIv0YM0sKQts2XlFfFUDpSF6-8Wmskdk

can anyone tell me if its good enough and if so can it use any VR setup as the oculus seems quite pricey TBH

Cheers for any help guys

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

no... the intergrated gpu while pretty fantastic for bitter edge ultra low end solution, is nowhere near capable of providing even entry level performance for VR without causing nausea and headaches.

A VR experience pretty much requires at a minimum, 90fps.... though personally 120fps tends to ensure that even those that are sensitive are likely to be able to use it.

It used to be that a 1060/rx 470/570 or better graphics adapter was sufficient... but i'd say a RX 5500 or 1660 super is the absolute minimum for VR... and if your VR unit happens to be higher resolution, then you'll need more power.

Suffice it to say, hooking up a VR headset to that unit is almost certainly be a waste of time.

Calliers and Mr Cairo like this.
  3. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

Cheers Judas I thought that would be the case but didnt want to jump to any conclusion, apperntly the Ps4 isn't an option either as no roblox same with the Xbox as no VR ..it looks like she will have to upgrade :(