Heres a question about dreamin (kinda) for ya

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by MikeDaMan, Sep 21, 2005.

1. MikeDaMan

MikeDaMan New Member

Alright dont bash me for this I'm not crazy (as far as I know) but I got a question for ya.

Ok I've talked about this to a few people but no one I know has ever done this whether they try to or not.

Alright, when I'm laying in bed at night and I'm just trying to fall asleep I'll close my eyes and let all the thoughts about the day run through my head just like everyone else. Then I just block everything out I guess like meditation in a way. But just dont think of a single thought. This takes me about 8-12 minutes. After about 5 minutes of nothing going on in my head and I mean nothing. I see white lights fade in and out, I'll still be thinkin of nothing wont even try to make anything out.

Then after about 4 to 10 minutes of this I just see random pictures...such as a white face or a little scene of something like a little clip of a video, but it's of things I've never seen before or people I dont recognize. I'll usually stop myself here and ask myself "why did I just see that?" then I gotta re-do the proccess.

If I dont ask myself that though and continue to think of nothing the pictures become colored and sometimes crystal clear to the point where I can pick out a single detail such as indivisual blades of grass.

Now remember this whole time I'm awake to the point where I can just open my eyes at any time.

I know this sounds weird But was wondering if anyone else does this or can explain what the hell is goin on. Everyone I talk to tries it but cant get anything from it. Anyone have any clues or have u done this, it's weird!

2. Randomletters

Randomletters ))((

Could be reaching Zen, keep trying.

My dreams are always disappointing, the 2 i remember vividly:

1. I can fly but only a few feet off the ground while my brother can fly all over.

2. I finally get the car ive always wanted (89 Toyota Mr2 Supercharged) But I dont even drive it my father does and it's slow.

I will attempt what you describe above because i cant fall asleep, Im sure nothing will happen to me though and even if it does im sure itll just be a vision of an ice cream truck and everyone else getting some but by the time i get to the front of the line he drives away....

3. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

not a freakin clue. i dont even think i dream, or atleast i havnt rememberd any in the last 5yrs or so.

4. AttroPheed

AttroPheed New Member

At least you don't seem like the type to call it some sort of supernatural influence. Tho perhaps you could take advantage of the newage crowd and charge an obcene amount of money for a seminar on how to do it. Call it "unlocking your aura" or some other newagy name. The gullibility of your fellow man is a big money maker.

You're lucky tho, I rarely dream and when I do I'm at work or waiting in line at the grocery store or some other mundane nonsense. The last one I remember: we had to throw out the persian rug at my mother's house because a cat shit all over it. I was dreaming that I was moving furniture and cleaning up cat shit. The only fantastic part of the dream was that my mother doesn't own a persian rug.

5. daedal

daedal Uber Coffee Drinker

Yeah, I rarely dream either and most of them are influenced by some form of chemicals in my body. (Nicotine patches made me have some pretty horrible ones)

6. SexPistoL

SexPistoL New Member

I know what you mean, did I have some weird dreams on those patches. I used to fight in my sleep...........My poor wife used to get battered every night. I was on them for 6 years before she clicked hehe ;)

7. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

the dreams in which im dyin are the best ive ever had

8. e v o

e v o New Member

It's a mad world

9. Starspawn

Starspawn New Member

I think I know what you mean. There is nothing supernatural or divine about it, but it concerns some very little known or proven areas of human brain and the real potential of human mind. Meditation, trance, zen, call it what you will but basicly it is the same thing.

In today's world, full of all kind of external stimuli, it takes practice and some immense mental discipline and willpower to be able to shut the mind from all the vast amount of information that pours from every human sense all the time. Tell, when was the last time you were in a completely silent place? And I mean in REALLY silent, without the background hum of cities or a distant road or the sound of a the fridge, a plane flying in the sky or the ticking of the clock on the wall... you know what I mean. You might be surprised how LONG ago that is.

So anyway, with enough practise it is possible to shut the mind from everything external, and clear the mind of all thoughts so that there is just void in your thoughts. After awhile of this, and especially just before one falls asleep when the brain is switching to subconscious state, one can see... or rather vision... things. Things you probably have never seen and most likely never will see.

I don't know, and won't even speculate what and where these "sights" come from, that you see in that state, but for me I usually see landscapes. Landscapes that I can almost recognize as something familiar, but still different and alien to everything I know. The landscapes always have this unnatural purplish hue to them. And then there are buildings, which are kind of like shadows of buildings. They are there, but still they are not. Kind of like our world blending in with the other world, where you see the buildings of our world through like misty transparent shadowy shapes. And the shapes of the building are always twisted, irrecognizeably, unnatural shapes which defy our world laws of physics.

Or then I am just loosing it big time, but seeing as I still think of being a rather rational person, I don't worry about it. :rolleyes: And no, I don't use any chemicals or natural substracts. I don't even drink coffee. :)

Anyone else experienced these things?

10. MikeDaMan

MikeDaMan New Member

Yea thats pretty close to whats goin on, I first start to see whtie faces, then pictures or even small scenes of something happening. But I'm awake the whole time so I dont think its anything related to dreams which you guys were talkin about. It really hasnt been that hard for me to just block everything out, I'm not a very religious person and havn't practiced menidation I think it just kind of came natural although sudden loud sounds will throw me right out of it or if I have to scratch my leg or foot. I just find this entertaining before I try to fall asleep, but what i see only lasts like a max of 5-10 seconds because I always think about what I just saw. I find it too weird to just go on watching something without asking myself "now where the hell did that come from?" I guess I just figured more people could see the same thing.

And Yea although I dont think it has anything to do with predicting the future or anything along the lines of that, But one strange one I had and remembered cuz it really stuck out was two guys beating up a girl where I work, didnt recognize the girl or the guys just knew she worked there, I ran up and knocked out the two guys and snapped out of this "vision". The next day at work I found out a girl that works there got hit by a guy (outside of work), first time thats ever happened there. Coicendence I beleive so but still a little creepy.

11. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

sounds like your tapping onto that "collective unconsious (SP)" that jung talks about

12. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I dream in color.. I have heard that is not normal, but I cannot believe that anyone would not dream in color. I remember almost all my dreams. Sometimes people that I knew that are dead appear and I have long meaningful conversations with them.. but I don't remember what we were talking about.

13. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

what do you mean you dream in color? everything you "see" is in color, like it normaly would be?

if thats what you mean, i dont think ive ever heard of some one dreaming in black and white, and i dont know how any one could not dream in color.

14. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Yeah thats what I thought too- but I remember being in a room full of people one time that all said they didn't dream in color, and that no one does.. Yeah- you see in color, why wouldn't you dream in color? That is what I thought too, but I guess some people don't.

15. Starspawn

Starspawn New Member

I cannot imagine why someone wouldn't dream in color, unless you are colorblind also. How, and what people remember of their dreams is a completely different thing then and some might remember them being black'n'white altho they probably weren't. After all dreaming is just a resting-state where the brain sorts out everything that has happened lately or even not-so-lately. Kind of defragmenting a hard drive if you will.

16. LeanWolf

LeanWolf alpha male

I get something very similar. Sometimes when I'm very tired but a part of me enjoys the tired feeling so I don't fall asleep immediately, I just lie there enjoying the feeling. Usually I fall asleep thinking about stuff, but occasionally my mind is blank and then I start to see the most amazing stuff. It appears to be just random images that I've never seen before, always in colour and flowing quite rapidly from image to image. It amazes me that this stuff is in there, as an artist i have a hard time drawing anything without a model. These images are really breathtaking and I really wish I could record them somehow, I'd be a famous artist instantly. Like you I can still wake up at any moment. It doesn't happen that often though. I attribute it to a powerful subconsious imagination.

17. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I have read that auditory and even visual hallucinations are quite ordinary and normal right before going to sleep. I think it is more common in teenagers and young adults.

I remember up till I was about 20yrs old or so right before I went to sleep I could hear things, like voices of people I knew or just people talking in the background while I was in a semi-conscious state before going to sleep.

I also remember seeing stuff like explained in the first post when I was a very young child, like in grammar school..

Lately I just pass right out, but I don't usually go to sleep until I am so tired I fall asleep just about instantly.

18. LHC

LHC Stingy and Stubborn

I've had a lot of weird dreams that I remember.. though I gotta say that my girlfriend takes the cake for the craziest dreams.. she remembers just about every dream she has, and she shares them with me all the time, and I gotta say, they are pretty interestin

19. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

Eating different types of cheese just before you go to sleep will cause different dreams :)

20. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

All my dreams are the same I've always had and they are very specific about very specific places (where I have not been to). Its like I'm watching myself do something but I can't open my eyes no matter how hard I try. I don't know why they are so specific, the only ones I remember are the ones I keep having, but everyday I wake up and everything feels like Deja Vu. sometimes I'll be thinking in my head and I'll finish everyone's sentences for them like I already knew where it was going. The dreams I remember are relatively short (though they feel streched). I dunno but I don't get surprised anymore and it kind of sucks, I also don't remember things till the moment happens or is about to happen, so maybe its just some type of lucky thought that I guess the outcome of everythign that happens and I'm not special just dull (probably the case). If its not that then I don't know what it is.