Hey drivers Gurus can you fix the AvP2 corruption?!

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by crazy overclock, May 8, 2002.

1. crazy overclock

crazy overclock Java programmer

Well the topic says it all; since the 6043 Xp drivers, AvP2 has been suffering bad metal textures corruption.
    This same corruption had been witnessed in the very early Radeon8500 drivers, the 7191. However it was very quickly corrected to introduce the AvP2 game to ATi community under better conditions.
    It's ridiculous to see that ATi drivers team didn't bother to kill a damned bug which is supposed to have work around by now.
    So here I forward a request to you guys and I'm all hope and cofidence you can fix it.
    THX :)

2. Frazas

Frazas New Member

The newest beta drivers (6071) fix that issue.

3. mikej

mikej New Member

The 6071's do not fix the texture issue in either win2k or XP for me (dual-boot). Is there a game or driver option besides the 'alt pixel center??? I have heard that the ZMask driver option needs to be disabled, however I don't know the registry setting as I would like to try it before loading up any tweeker

4. Frazas

Frazas New Member

Well, I have had that texture problem a while back and I installed the 6071 set for WIn2k and have never had that issue again. I guess I am lucky.

5. MikeDaMan

MikeDaMan New Member

Try playing an alien level and i'll bet their there!!

6. Jeff

Jeff Yarr... I be blind!

Well this is an ATI driver issue, can't fix it, sorry. Maybe the next leak will fix it again :D.

7. mikej

mikej New Member

Just downloaded the latest rage3d-tweek program and disabled the ZMask option under the D3D section. ALL TEXTURE ISSUES ARE GONE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Very COOL. The ATI default for this option is 'enabled'. FYI this also fixes NOLF texture issue as well. Although it was indicated in a post by 'digitalwanderer' to enable the 'alt pixel center' I have left it at the default disable and the text looks OK for me. I havent noticed any other gaming issues with disabling the ZMask option. Could any of the GURU's shed any light on the details of ZMask and what the possible downside(s) to leaving it OFF might be??????????????

8. Mize

Mize The quiet one

Re:

Nice find mikej! Too bad that game (marine level) scares the bejeepers out of me...:)

Mize

9. Alextag

Alextag New Member

Help!

What is the registry key to change the aperture of the AGP bus?
    I don't how to set this... I tried using Tweak3d and Powerstripe but nothing happens.

p.s. My mobo fully supports the AGP 4X aperture

10. ExCibular

ExCibular New Member

Re:

I also used the new rage3d tweaker to disable z-mask (does anybody know anything about the function of z-mask) and I also enabled alt. pixelcenter, neither of those things fixed anything in my Avsp2. I still have the texture probs. :tears:

I will just have to wait any see if there is any improvement at the next set of drivers
    :(