High interrupt CPU load from new drivers

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by shikasta, Nov 15, 2006.

1. AndyMutz

AndyMutz Member

i had the exact same problem about 2 months ago, when i changed my mobo because of pcie.
    i really don't remember everything i tried, but one of the last things i tried was simply loading the optimized defaults in the bios.
    i've never experienced this problem again since then, so maybe you could give it a shot too.

-andy-

2. shikasta

shikasta New Member

I have recently tried installing with Standard PC HAL and Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC HAL. The first boots and installs and then doesn't work properly when I try to install any drivers. The second decides it can't load past the boot screen when I install the motherboard drivers. Neither seem to show any promise of solving the problem. I also tried using Optimized defaults with no luck. I'm curious about this PnP OS setting in the BIOS. I don't have one or anything that looks like one but if anyone else who's seen this problem does would they mind giving it a go switching between its settings. It can't help fix mine but it would be nice to know what it was.

Two screen shots, seems we have different boot settings but very similar in windows settings. Can anyone else without this problem and a similar board give us their windows IRQ assignmet list please, I wonder if mine doesn't like IRQ 19 for some reason.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. shikasta

shikasta New Member

Alright it's definatly the motherboard. Last night I swapped the CPU for a Thunderbird 1400, ther is no way it can have enough in common with the XP3200 to be a problem anymore. I emailed Abit about this and they might RMA it for 12pounds but say it isn't the board or BIOS, like hell it's not. Might still be something that I could fix, but I'm getting very fed up now, I'll keep you posted on relations with ABIT. Otherwise any recomendations for an alternative board?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  4. shikasta

shikasta New Member

In case anyone has a similar problem and needs a solution I RAM'd the board to Abit and after three months rebuild the machine. It works fine, no idea what was wrong but the replacement works perfectly. I sususpect that he problem was origianly caused by the same thing that has just killed my Shuttle XPC; Bad earthing plate in the socket that everything is attached to. Check your earths people.